Trolleybuses in Arnhem
|Number of lines||6|
|Began operation||5 September 1949|
The Arnhem trolleybus system is the trolleybus system in the city of Arnhem. It is unique in the Netherlands as the only trolleybus system still operating in that country. It opened on 5 September 1949.
The current network consists of the following routes:
- 1 Oosterbeek - Velp
- 2 De Laar West - Hoogkamp
- 3 Burgers Zoo - Het Duifje
- 5 Schuytgraaf - Presikhaaf
- 6 De Laar West - Elsweide/HAN
- 7 Geitenkamp - Rijkerswoerd
Formerly, route 4 was part of the trolleybus network, but it became part of route 2 in 1950, after no more than four months of existence. The current line 4 in Arnhem is a diesel bus, but on a different route. The same goes for route 9 , which was discontinued in 2002 (divided between routes 5 and 7). The number 9, too, is now used on a different route in the CNG bus network. Route 7 is the second with this number, the first one being a rush hour line running on the central part of line 1.
Preserved BUT - trolley 101 from 1949 on tour
- Murray, Alan (2000). World Trolleybus Encyclopaedia, p. 71. Yateley, Hampshire, UK: Trolleybooks. ISBN 0-904235-18-1.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Trolleybuses in Arnhem.|
- (Dutch) Trolleybuses in Arnhem
|This article about transport in the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|