This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Troy D. Paino (born December 28, 1962) is the tenth and current President of the University of Mary Washington as of July 1, 2016. Dr. Paino earned his BA in history and philosophy from Evangel University in Springfield, MO, his juris doctor from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis, IN, and his MA and Ph.D in American Studies from Michigan State University in East Lansing, MI. His Ph.D thesis was "The end of nostalgia : a cultural history of Indiana high school basketball during the Progressive Era", granted in 1997.
After graduating from law school, Paino worked for three years in private practice before returning to academia. Paino has served on the history faculties of Winona State University and Truman State University, in addition to serving as Winona's Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and as the university's Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. His teaching and scholarly interests include 20th-century cultural and social history and American legal history. He has written journal articles, encyclopedia entries, and book reviews on the history of American sport. His book, The Social History of the United States: 1960s, vol. 7 of Social history of the United States  was released in October 2008. Paino serves as President of Truman State University for six years. He was a beloved faculty member who was often referred to as, "T-Pain." He created several humorous videos while at Truman, one holiday video even gained national attention and even appearing on the show Good Morning America. The video is entitled "T-Pain Misses You."
He has also published the article "Hoosiers in a Different Light: Forces of Change Versus the Power of Nostalgia.".
- UMW Announces Tenth President 
- Paino, Troy D. The End of Nostalgia: A Cultural History of Indiana High School Basketball During the Progressive Era. , 1999. WorldCat item record
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20100617062052/http://governors.truman.edu/images/Dr.%20Troy%20D.%20Paino.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 17, 2010. Retrieved May 1, 2010. Missing or empty
- WorldCat item record
- "History". History.truman.edu. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- Paino, Troy D. "Hoosiers in a Different Light: Forces of Change Versus the Power of Nostalgia." Journal of Sport History. 28.1 (2001): 63- .WorldCat