This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (October 2013)
|Headquarters||Foster City, California, USA|
|Michael J. Franklin|
Truviso (pronounced true-VEE-so) is a continuous analytics, venture-backed, startup headquartered in Foster City, California developing and supporting its solution leveraging PostgreSQL, to deliver a proprietary analytics solutions for net-centric customers. Truviso was acquired by Cisco Systems, Inc. on May 4, 2012.
History and products
Truviso's TruCQ product leverages and extends the open source PostgreSQL database to enable analysis of streaming data, including queries that combine those streams with other streaming data or with historical/staged data. One public example of Truviso's customers using continuous analytics is the dynamic tag cloud visualization of blog indexer Technorati.
Truviso is one of the pioneers in the continuous analytics space which seeks to alter how business intelligence is done—rather than accumulating data first and then running queries on the data set stored in a relational database or a data warehouse, Truviso has always-on queries which process streaming data as it arrives, continuously. For many queries this approach yields results hundreds or thousands of times faster and more efficiently.
Truviso was acquired by Cisco on May 4, 2012
Truviso's analytics approach is to have always-on queries analyzing streaming data. This strategy for handling continuously flowing data is different from traditional business intelligence approaches of first accumulating data and then running batch queries for reporting and analysis.
Truviso has developed a continuous analytics solution to solve the challenges of high-volume, always-on data analysis. Truviso's solution is based on a scalable PostgreSQL platform capable of concurrent query execution, utilizing standard SQL against live streams of data. Truviso's approach enables analysis of heterogeneous data regardless of whether the data is flowing, staged, or some combination of the two.
- Queries are continuous and always running so new results are delivered when the downstream application or use require them
- Data does not need to be stored or modified, so the system can keep up with enormous data volumes
- Thousands of concurrent queries can be run continuously and simultaneously on a single server
- Queries can be run over both real-time and historical data
- Incoming data can be optionally persisted for replay, backtesting, drill-down, or benchmarking
- Streaming Media List of streaming media companies
- Event Stream Processing (ESP) is technology that focuses on processing streams of related data.
- Event Driven Architecture (EDA) software architecture pattern promoting the production, detection, consumption of, and reaction to events.
- Real-time business intelligence Application of business intelligence to dynamic, real-time business processes
- Real-time computing CEP systems are typically real-time systems
- Operational Intelligence Both CEP and ESP are technologies that underpin operational intelligence.
- Essers, Loek. "Cisco to buy real-time network analytics firm Truviso". Computerworld. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Cisco to Acquire Real-time Network Analytics Firm Truviso". PCWorld. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- Truviso: New tricks with old SQL Archived 2009-01-23 at the Wayback Machine.
- Michael Franklin's bio
- Sailesh Krishnamurthy's bio
- The Telegraph Project at UC Berkeley
- PostgreSQL Application Software Catalogue
- Truviso Offers Another Option For Business Intelligence
- Truviso: shaking up the Streaming market
- Truviso shows off dynamic database with Technorati tag cloud
- ONSET Ventures Portfolio: Applications and Infrastructure Software
- Diamondhead Ventures Portfolio Companies
- UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund Portfolio Companies
- Truviso Enters the High-End Web Analytics Market with Visitor Insight & Analytics Software