||Look up Tuba or tuba in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Tuba or Tuğba (also transliterated as Toba, Tooba, or Touba; Arabic: طُوبَىٰ, Ṭūbā, lit. "blessedness") is a female given name of Arabic origin common in Turkey. It derives from the ṭūbā tree that Muslims believe grows in heaven. The name is a modern Arabic borrowing into Turkish and has become a common female name in Turkey since the 1970s. It is often spelt Tuğba there, and that spelling has the same pronunciation as Tuba.
- Toba or Tooba
- Ahu Tuğba (real name Tuğba Çetin, born 1963), Turkish actress
- Tuğba Daşdemir (born 1987), Turkish skier
- Tuğba Ekinci (born 1974), Turkish pop singer
- Tuğba Karademir (born 1985), Turkish figure skater
- Tuğba Karakaya (born 1991), Turkish middle distance runner
- Tuğba Karataş (born 1992), Turkish footballer
- Tuğba Önal, Turkish singer
- Tuğba Özay (born 1978), Turkish model-turned-singer and a famous star in Turkey
- Tuğba Özerk, Turkish singer
- Tuğba Palazoğlu (born 1980), Turkish professional basketball player
- Tuğba Taşçı (born 1984), Turkish professional basketball player