Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna (2012 TV series)
|Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna|
Intertitle of Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna
|Developed by||Khushbu Yadav|
|Written by||Priya Sudhir|
|Directed by||Govind Singh|
|Creative director(s)||Diven Pawar|
|Theme music composer||Manoj Santoshi|
|Opening theme||"Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna" by Madhushree|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||330|
|Executive producer(s)||Amit Kumar|
|Producer(s)||Dheeraj Kumar & Zuby Kochhar|
|Editor(s)||Manoj D. Yadav, Rochak Arora, & Selistin D'Souza|
|Running time||Approx. 24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Creative Eye Limited|
|Original network||Sahara One|
|Picture format||1080i (SDTV)|
|Original release||February 27, 2012 – June 7, 2013|
|Preceded by||Neem Neem Shahad Shahad|
Tujh Sang Preet Lagai Sajna is an Indian television series currently broadcasting on satellite television network, Sahara One, which followed the ongoing series, Neem Neem Shahad Shahad. The series premiered on February 27, 2012 and the title of the second season was changed due to its concept change. On September 10, 2012, the producers again revamped the entire storyline.
The new storyline focuses on the life of Meera & Aditya who are united together by destiny even before they see each other. The story centers around the concept of togetherness and unfolds with beautiful hit-and-miss moments until Meera and Aditya finally meet and the journey of their love begins. The story takes several twists and turns as it moves on.
The previous story revolves around the lives of two sisters, Sonali and Nirali who together share a great bonding and can go to any extent to make each other happy but when it comes to marriage, their dreams are poles apart. The elder sister Sonali wishes to get married in a joint family with lots of family members around whereas the younger Nirali feels nauseated at the thought of a joint family and wants to have a nuclear family living separately with her husband and kids. Soon after their wishes are fulfilled, as the girls are married in the same family and get the groom of their choice.
On the other side, Nirali is married to Deven’s younger brother Chirag, who is a software engineer. She leaves for Mumbai with her husband to lead a separate life away from the burden of joint family, as she always wanted. Just when life is sailing smoothly, the story takes a twist, as Sonali has to move out of the house with her husband Deven to live separately whereas Nirali has to move from Mumbai as her husband loses his job because of the recession and they start living with the joint family. Will the sisters Sonali and Nirali be able to handle this sudden change, a scenario that has reversed their dreams of an ideal married life? The series explores the advantages and disadvantages of joint family vis-a-vis nuclear family through the life of these two sisters.
Cast & characters
- Binny Sharma ... Meera/Bijli (main female protagonist after story change)
- Susheel Hinduja ... Aditya (main male protagonist)
- ... Sapna (Meera's friend)
- Dinesh Kaushik ... Kedarnath Goenka (Aditya's father)
- Dolly Sohi ... Geetanjali (Aditya's mother)
- Ranjan Sehgal ... Avinash Goenka (Aditya's brother)
- Usha Poudel ... Kajal (Avinash’s wife, main antagonist)
- ... Keshav Bansal (Meera’s father)
- Chitrapama Banerjee ... Sumitra Bansal (Meera's mother)
- Kalyani Thakkar ... Saavri Tai (matchmaker who brings Meera & Aditya together)
- ... Sambhav (Kedarnath's friend's son who works in Aditya's office and troubles Avinash after befriending with Avinash)
- Shweta Gautam ... Shakuntala Maasi (Geetanjali's sister, who is mentally unstable due to her husband's torture who leaves her for someone else)
- Susheel Hinduja ... Pratap (Shaku’s husband who looks alike Aditya due to which Aditya never faces his aunt)
- ... Bhuaji (Kedarnath's elder sister, who joins hands with Kajal to trobule Aditya's family)
- Amrapali Gupta ... Sonali (main female protagonist)
- Khyati Mangla ... Nirali/Jalebi (second main female protagonist, parallel lead)
- Anas Kha ... Deven (Sonali's husband)
- Varun Sharma Chirag (Nirali's husband)
- Lily Patel ... Baa
- Vijay Badlani ... Naren Kumar
- "Chitrapama Banerjee & Dinesh Kaushik in Tujh Sang". Deccan Chronicle. September 3, 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "Vijay Badlani to join Mahhi Vij on Savdhaan India - The Times of India". The Times Of India.