Turks and Caicos Islands at the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games
|Turks and Caicos Islands at the Commonwealth Youth Games|
|At the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games
in Isle of Man
|Competitors||3 in 1 sport|
The Turks and Caicos Islands competed in the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games held in the British Crown Dependency of Isle of Man from 7 to 13 September 2011. The Caribbean British Overseas Territory sent a delegation consisted of three contingents participated in the athletics—one out of seven sports of the Games—events only. Ifeany Otounye won sole medal of the Turks and Caicos Islands in the Games, a bronze in long jump with a best jump of 7.15 m, setting a new national record in the event. Otounye improved the national record by 5 centimeters, the previous one was 7.10 m, set by Levard Missick 13 years ago during the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Turks and Caicos Islands ranked last—at 22nd spot—in the medal table of the Games, the position shared by nine other Commonwealth Games Associations.
Turks and Caicos Islands Commonwealth Games Association selected three athletes – one man and two women – to represent the nation in the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games; all contingents participated in the athletics events only. Ifeany Otounye competed in the 200 m and long jump events. Serena Delancy and Dixie Smith participated in 200 m; Smith also competed in 400 m, while Delancy represented her nation in the long jump.
|Ifeany Otounye||200 m||22.42Q||2||23.02||5||Did Not Advance|
|Serena Delancy||200 m||30.24||4||Did Not Advance|
|Long jump||N/A||3.98 m||9|
|Dixie Smith||200 m||29.73||5||Did Not Advance|
|400 m||72.96||72.96||4||Did Not Advance|
- "New Governor Talks Tough". The Turks and Caicos Sun (suntci.com). Island Publishing Company. 19 September 2011. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
Ifeany Otounye brought glory to the Turks and Caicos Islands when he mined bronze at the Commonwealth Youth Games held in the Isle of Man recently. Otounye leapt not only a personal best but also a national record of 7.15 metres.
- "National Records – Men's Pole vault and Long jump" (PDF). iaaf.org. International Association of Athletics Federations. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Turks and Caicos Islands – Event Entries". cyg2011results.com. CYG 2011 Organising Committee. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Competitors – Ifeany Otounye". cyg2011results.com. CYG 2011 Organising Committee. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Competitors – Serena Delancy". cyg2011results.com. CYG 2011 Organising Committee. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "Competitors – Dixie Smith". cyg2011results.com. CYG 2011 Organising Committee. Retrieved 2 October 2011.