From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tympanum (disambiguation))
|Look up timpanum in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tympanum may refer to:
- Tympanum (architecture), an architectural element located within the arch or pediment
- Tympanum (anatomy), a hearing organ/gland in frogs and toads, a flat red oval on both sides of a frog's head
- Tympanum, in biology, the eardrum
- Tympanum, a circular, drum-like rack on which victims were tortured.
- Timpano, in music, singular of timpani, a kettledrum
- Tympanum (hand drum), a percussion instrument in ancient Greece and Rome
- Tympanum, or tympanal organ, a hearing organ in insects
- Sakia or saqiya, in Latin "tympanum", a water-raising device
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tympanum.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.