Screenshot of Tynker web IDE, editing a project
|Type||Educational Programming Language|
The Tynker company was founded in 2012 in Mountain View, California, United States. With funds raised from angel and institutional investors, Tynker for Schools was launched April 2013, with Tynker for Home the year after.
In July 2014 Tynker was released for iPad and Android The projects can be accessed from both the web and the tablet and used on either platform. (As of 28 February 2015, the two platforms are not yet 100% compatible, and certain features are only available on one of the platforms.)
- "With 5M Users Already On Board, Tynker Goes Mobile To Help Kids Learn To Code On The iPad". TechCrunch. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Tynker's Courses". Tynker. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "CrunchBase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Tynker introduces your kids to programming code either at home or at school". Gizmag. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- ."Kids coding app Tynker expands to Android and adds game-making mode". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 February 2015.