||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Products||Brokerage, Trading Technology, Tactical Order Routing|
UNX LLC is an independent trading technology firm and a registered agency broker (member of FINRA/SIPC) that provides advanced electronic trading technology solutions to a diverse client base which includes traditional asset managers, pension funds, hedge funds and sell side execution desks. UNX has offices in Burbank, California and New York, New York.
UNX was founded in 1998 by Oscar Olmedo, Poul Moller and Randy Abernethy to provide direct market access trading systems to institutional clients. In 2000, the company launched Basket Trading Center, a web based single stock and portfolio trading platform that provided clients access to North American execution venues. That year, UNX also launched its smart routing and tactical order routing engine. In 2002, UNX acquired Embarcadero Securities and launched the Metabook Execution Management System. In 2009, UNX introduced the broker-neutral Catalyst platform and began the process of integrating trading algorithms of major broker-dealers into the UNX Marketplace.
Throughout 2010, UNX integrated equity algorithms and electronic trading services from Credit Suisse, Girard Securities, Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading, Mizuho Securities, Rosenblatt Securities and UBS Investment Bank into its trading connectivity network available through the Catalyst Portal. In 2010, UNX further expanded its broker network to include international equities trading and enhanced its connectivity network by adding algorithms and electronic trading services of JMP Securities and Sterne, Agee and Leach to its Broker Marketplace. In 2011, UNX collaborated with Titan Trading Analytics to provide behavioral research and trading strategies through the Catalyst Portal.
UNX built the Catalyst Portal using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Based on the Windows Presentation Foundation, Catalyst uses the Managed Add-In Framework to run all functionality as loadable add-ins, and it supports scripts in languages such as Ruby and Python through the use of the Dynamic Language Runtime.
- "UNX : Company / Management". Web.unx.com. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "UNX : Company / Locations". Web.unx.com. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "UNX, Inc. Startup Company Information". Startupzone.com. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "Hedge Fund Association, Newsroom". Thehfa.org. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "UNX Inc acquires Embarcadero Securities". Alacra/Alacra Store. 2002-05-01. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Alexa Jaworski (2010-02-18). "Girard, Goldman Sachs, Mizuho, Rosenblatt and UBS Integrate with UNX". Securitiestechnologymonitor.com. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Schmerken, Ivy (2010-11-17). "UNX Adds International Trading With UBS DMA and Algorithms". Advanced Trading. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "UNX Adds JMP Securities and Sterne, Agee and Leach to Catalyst® Broker Connectivity Network". Web.unx.com. 2011-05-17. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "UNX Catalyst | New Stock Market Behavioral Trading Technology". Titantrading.com. 2011-02-10. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Kramer, Leslie (2008-06-04). "UNX Establishes New Extensile .Net-based Platform". Advanced Trading. Retrieved 2012-04-27.