USA vs. Al-Arian
|USA vs. Al-Arian|
|Directed by||Line Halvorsen|
|Produced by||Jan Dalchow|
|Written by||Line Halvorsen|
Paul I. Perez
|Music by||Stein Berge Svendsen|
|Edited by||Trond Winterkjaer
|January 19, 2007|
According to the St. Petersburg Times, the film "glosses over the specific charges, and pays scant attention to the evidence." However Variety notes that, "Though unquestionably biased, eye-opening docu "USA vs Al-Arian" throws the spotlight on a justice system shanghaied by the Patriot Act, leaving a deeply sympathetic family frayed but not quite broken."
In the trial, the jury acquitted Al-Arian of nearly half the charges, and deadlocked on the remaining charges. After the trial, Al-Arian pleaded guilty in 2006 to conspiracy to help a terrorist organization, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
- Audience Award, 2007 Tromsø International Film Festival
- Best Film, 2007 New Orleans Human Rights Film Festival, USA
- Grand Prix (Flugeprisen), 2007 Norwegian Documentary Film Festival Volda
- Honorary Mention, 2007 International Festival of Muslim Cinema "Golden Minbar", Russia
- Best Nordic Documentary, 2007 Nordisk Panorama – 5 Cities Film Festival
- Hillsborough: Film focuses on human side of the Al-Arian saga
- Weissberg, Jay. (2007-02-19). "USA vs Al-Arian.(Movie review)". Variety: 51. Retrieved 2007-03-26.
- Norwegian Film Institute. "USA vs. Al-Arian". Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- Official website
- USA vs. Al-Arian at the Internet Movie Database
- USA vs. Al-Arian at AllMovie
- USA vs. Al-Arian
- Norwegian Film Institute's English-language description of the film.
|This article about a political documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Norwegian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|