This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Uma Bose (Hashi)|
Uma Bose (Hashi) (22 Jan 1921 - 22 Jan 1942) was a musical prodigy.
She was born in Calcutta to Prabha Bose (nee Mitra) and Dharani Bose. Her father, who built the Mackinnon Mackenzie building in Calcutta and was a councillor of the Calcutta Municipal Corporation, belonged to an eminent family of builders. On maternal side of her family, she was a great-granddaughter of Brajendranath De.
She was a disciple of Dilipkumar Roy, with whom she composed several songs.
She died of tuberculosis on 22 January, 1942, which was her 21st birthday.
- Aaj Faguner Protham Diney (1938)
- Aakasher Chand Matir Phuletey (1943)
- Rupey Barney Gandhey (1940)
- Key Tomarey Janatey Parey (1943)
- Jibaney Maroney Esho (1940)
- Chand Kahey Chameli Go Hey Nirupama (1938)
- Jharano Patar Pathey (1938)
- Neel Pori (1940)
- Andharer Dorey Gatha (1941)
- Prokitir Ghomtakhani Khol (1937)
- Tomaye Guni Jeno Shuni (1937)
- Rangajabaye Kaajki Ma Tore (1943)
- Mon Tumi Krishi Kaaj Jano Na (1937)
- Nirjharini (1940)
- Aji Tomar Kachey Bhashiya Jayee (1937)
- O Amar Mon Bholano (1939)
- Modhu Murali Baajey (1940)
|This Indian music-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|