This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Uma Bose (Hashi)
|Born||January 22, 1921|
|Died||January 22, 1942 (aged 21)|
Uma Bose (Hashi) (22 Jan 1921 - 22 Jan 1942) was a musical prodigy.
She was born in Calcutta to Prabha Bose (nee Mitra) and Dharani Bose. Her father, who built the Mackinnon Mackenzie building in Calcutta and was a councillor of the Calcutta Municipal Corporation, belonged to an eminent family of builders. On the maternal side of her family, she was a great-granddaughter of Brajendranath De.
She was a disciple of Dilipkumar Roy, with whom she composed several songs.
She died of tuberculosis on 22 January 1942, which was her 21st birthday.
- Aaj Faguner Protham Diney (1938)
- Aakasher Chand Matir Phuletey (1943)
- Rupey Barney Gandhey (1940)
- Key Tomarey Janatey Parey (1943)
- Jibaney Maroney Esho (1940)
- Chand Kahey Chameli Go Hey Nirupama (1938)
- Jharano Patar Pathey (1938)
- Neel Pori (1940)
- Andharer Dorey Gatha (1941)
- Prokitir Ghomtakhani Khol (1937)
- Tomaye Guni Jeno Shuni (1937)
- Rangajabaye Kaajki Ma Tore (1943)
- Mon Tumi Krishi Kaaj Jano Na (1937)
- Nirjharini (1940)
- Aji Tomar Kachey Bhashiya Jayee (1937)
- O Amar Mon Bholano (1939)
- Modhu Murali Baajey (1940)
|This Indian music-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|