Umberto Pirilli (born on 25 September 1940 in Gioia Tauro) is an Italian politician; he was Member of the European Parliament for Southern with the Alleanza Nazionale, part of the Union for a Europe of Nations and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Industry, Research and Energy.
He was a substitute for the Committee on Foreign Affairs and a member of the Delegation to the EU-Bulgaria Joint Parliamentary Committee.
In 2009 he was not re-elected.
- Secondary school-leaving certificate in classical subjects and degree in law
- lecturer in civil law
- professor of banking law at the Faculty of Statistics
- professor of comparative private law at the Faculty of Business Studies of the University of Messina
- lawyer dealing with civil cases
- Chairman of the FUAN of Messina
- Deputy national Youth Secretary for the MSI
- Municipal Councillor of Messina
- member of the Municipal Council of Gioia Tauro
- Chairman of the Provincial Council of Reggio Calabria
- AN regional coordinator for Calabria
- Member of the Regional Executive and Substitute Chairman of the State-Regions Conference
- Chairman of the Conference of Regions and Local Authorities
See also: European Parliament election, 2004 (Italy)