Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up ume in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ume is a name for Prunus mume, a species of Asian plum in the family Rosaceae.
Ume or UME may also refer to:
- Military Emergencies Unit, a branch of the Spanish Armed Forces
- Ume Sami, one of the Sami languages of Northern Europe
- Ume River, one of the main rivers in northern Sweden
- Ume, Ōita, a town in Minamiamabe District, Ōita, Japan
- Umê script, a form of Tibetan writing
- Ume, a dialect of the Isoko language of Nigeria
- Ume, a dialect of the Wipi language, an Eastern Trans-Fly language of Papua New Guinea
- Ume, several Japanese ships named Ume (梅 / うめ, "Prunus mume")
- Umeå, a Swedish city
- "Ume" (song), a 2013 song by Shiritsu Ebisu Chūgaku
- Ume Warqa, companion of the Islamic prophet Muhammad
Ume (梅, "Prunus mume") is a Japanese family name. Persons with this name include:
- Ume Kenjirō, legal scholar and a founder of Hosei University in Meiji Japan
- Ume Matsuzaka from Crayon Shin Chan
UME may refer to:
- University of Maine, U being an abbreviation of university, ME being an abbreviation of Maine. (U-me).
- UME - the IATA airport code for Umeå Airport in Alvik, Umeå, Sweden
- Unidad Militar de Emergencias, a branch of the Spanish Armed Forces
- Universal Music Enterprises, the catalogue division of Universal Music Group
- Ubuntu Mobile & Embedded, a version of the Ubuntu Linux distribution aimed at mobile devices.
- Ultramicroelectrode, in electrochemistry, a working electrode in a three electrode system with a critical dimension smaller than that of a diffusion layer in a readily accessed experiment
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ume.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.