From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Umlaut (disambiguation))
|Look up Umlaut, Umlauts, umlaut, or umlauts in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Umlaut may refer to:
- Umlaut (linguistics), a sound change where a vowel was modified to conform more closely to the vowel in the next syllable; in particular:
- I-mutation, a specific type of umlaut triggered by a following high front vowel; in particular:
- Umlaut (diacritic), a pair of dots (¨) above a vowel, used in various languages; originally used to indicate vowels resulting from Germanic umlaut
- Metal umlaut, the same diacritic used in names of heavy metal or hard rock bands for visual rather than phonetic effect
- Lars Umlaut, a character playable in the Guitar Hero series of music video games
- Umläut (born 1968), Clinton McKinnon's experimental Australian rock band
- Umlaut (software), an open source link resolver front-end for libraries
- Ümlaut (band), a band on CrimethInc
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Umlaut.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.