Un giorno in pretura
|A Day in Court|
|Produced by||Gianni Hecht Lucari|
|Written by||Sandro Continenza
|Starring||Peppino De Filippo, Silvana Pampanini, Alberto Sordi|
|Music by||Armando Trovajoli|
|Edited by||Giuliana Attenni|
Un giorno in pretura (A Day in Court) is a 1954 Italian comedy film directed by Steno. It was shown as part of a retrospective on Italian comedy at the 67th Venice International Film Festival. It starred Alberto Sordi and Sophia Loren.
An Italian court in Rome during the Fifties. All kinds of illegalities are brought to trial in front of Judge Lo Russo, well known for his inflexibility and severity in the administration of justice. Slowly he begins however to sympathize with the accused.
Alberto Sordi plays the role of Nando Moriconi, a Roman bully fascinated with America, who ends up in court being accused of public indecency after having his clothes stolen during a bath in Ciociaria.
- Peppino De Filippo as Judge Salomone Lorusso
- Silvana Pampanini as Luisa
- Alberto Sordi as Nando Moriconi
- Sophia Loren as Anna
- Tania Weber as Elena (as Tanja Weber)
- Leopoldo Trieste as Leopoldo
- Walter Chiari as Don Michele
- Armenia Balducci as The fiancée
- Virgilio Riento as Virgilio
- Giulio Calì as Augusto Mencacci
- Turi Pandolfini as Il cancelliere
- Vincenzo Talarico as Avvocato difensore
- Ubaldo Lay as Il fidanzato di Anna (as Ubaldo Laj)
- Amalia Pellegrini as Vecchia signora
- Cesare Bettarini as Avv. Tonnara
- Maurizio Arena as Lorenzo
- "Italian Comedy - The State of Things". labiennale.org. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
|This article related to an Italian comedy film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|