Fun Is Beautiful
|Fun Is Beautiful
(Un sacco bello)
|Directed by||Carlo Verdone|
|Produced by||Romano Caldarelli and Sergio Leone|
|Written by||Leonardo Benvenuti
Piero De Bernardi
|Starring||Carlo Verdone, Mario Brega, Renato Scarpa|
|Music by||Ennio Morricone|
|Edited by||Eugenio Alabiso|
Un sacco bello, internationally released as Fun Is Beautiful, is a 1980 Italian comedy film. The film, produced by Sergio Leone, marked the directorial debut of Carlo Verdone, as well his debut as main actor and as screenwriter. For this film Verdone won a special David di Donatello Awards and the Nastro d'Argento for best new actor.
Carlo Verdone plays three roles in three episodes joined together. The Roman hick Enzo must by car with a friend to reach a party of friends outside of Italy. The post-hippie Ruggero returns to Rome from his father (Mario Brega) who believes that the guy has psychological problems, and so he calls home this home a priest, a teacher and a very problematic nephew. Mr. Mario then is going to change the mentality of the guy with the help of these wise people, in the hope that Ruggero and his girlfriend (who is also a flower child ) find themselves the right way to live in a modern society. Finally the shy and awkward Leo find the love in a Spanish girl, but she gives him a lot of problems. In fact she is not alone and intends to recover an affair with her ex.
- Carlo Verdone: Enzo/ Ruggero/ Leo/ Don Alfio/ Anselmo/ professor
- Mario Brega: Mario
- Renato Scarpa: Sergio
- Veronica Miriel: Marisol
- Isabella De Bernardi: Fiorenza
- Sandro Ghiani: Cristiano
- Paolo Mereghetti. Il Mereghetti. B.C. Dalai Editore, 2010. ISBN 88-6073-626-9.
- Roberto Chiti; Enrico Lancia; Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano: I Film. Gremese Editore, 2002. ISBN 8884401372.
- Enrico Magrelli. Carlo Verdone: l'insostenibile leggerezza della malinconia. Besa, 2010. ISBN 8849706928.
- Enrico Lancia. I premi del cinema. Gremese Editore, 1998. ISBN 8877422211.
|This article related to an Italian comedy film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|