|Headquarters||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|Paul Stewart, Ciara Kennedy, Andy Monk, Anthony Gallagher|
Number of employees
Uni Baggage is a luggage delivery company which is used mainly by students though its services are also available to the general public. Uni Baggage reports that it is used by university students, holiday makers and the forces. Uni Baggage arranges the collection and delivery of its customers' items through major couriers, for less than if the customer booked direct.
The courier service was founded by entrepreneur Paul Stewart in 2009, after he had experienced difficulties moving his personal belongings from his home in Northern Ireland to where he was studying, at the University of Edinburgh.
Stewart established the business in his second year of studying an engineering degree at the University, using his student loan as funding. The company is now based in Belfast. Since it was founded, Uni Baggage has expanded into worldwide shipping, and currently offers the services of DHL Express, FedEx and Parcelforce.
In August 2013, the company had 30,000 customers, and transported more than 1,000 tonnes of student belongings, travelling 6,000,000 mi (9,700,000 km) across the United Kingdom and globally. By 2014, the company had annual sales in excess of £1million.
In September 2014, Uni Baggage announced the launch of its VIF service (Very Important Fresher). This new service was covered by a number of media outlets, including the BBC, Financial Times, CNBC, The Guardian, The Independent, The Telegraph. The VIF service allowed students to travel to university in luxury while their belongings were transported separately.
In November 2015, Uni Baggage launched several new routes from Ireland to Europe and the United States.
- "Firm helps students cut cost of sending baggage to college - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk". BelfastTelegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Baggage firm helps students make light work of shift to university". Belfast Telegraph Business. Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Northern Ireland is the best place to start and grow a business". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "VIP students 'arrive by helicopter'". BBC News. 1 September 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "The way to travel to university". Financial Times. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- Kharpal, Arjun (1 September 2014). "Private jet: The new way to get to college". CNBC. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- Papworth, Jill (12 September 2014). "Setting off for uni? Here's how to make it on a £170 budget". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "First impressions count: How to be picture perfect for that first date". The Independent. 7 September 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Student Life: The Ferrari Freshers who refuse to slum it". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Uni Baggage Adds New Irish Shipping Routes | Uni Baggage". www.unibaggage.com. Retrieved 1 December 2016.