Unisonic performing at the Rockwave Festival in 2012
|Genres||Hard rock, power metal|
|Labels||EarMusic Edel AG|
|Associated acts||Helloween, Place Vendome,
Pink Cream 69, Gamma Ray, Krokus, Gotthard, Sunstorm, Asia
|Past members||Kosta Zafiriou|
Unisonic is a German hard rock/power metal supergroup, founded in November 10, 2009 by former Helloween singer Michael Kiske alongside Dennis Ward and Kosta Zafiriou from Pink Cream 69 and Mandy Meyer, formerly in Asia and Gotthard. In 2011 the band was joined by Gamma Ray leader and Helloween co-founder, Kai Hansen.
The band released the EP Ignition and their first studio album Unisonic in 2012. The EP For The Kingdom and the second album Light of Dawn came out in 2014. Both studio albums have scored high entries in several international music charts. Unisonic is the first full studio collaboration between Kiske and Hansen since Helloween's seminal albums Keeper of the Seven Keys, Pt. I and Pt. II.
Vocalist Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), bassist Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69) and drummer Kosta Zafiriou (ex-Pink Cream 69) had already worked together in the AOR project Place Vendome. After the release of Place Vendome's second album, Streets of Fire in 2009, the aforementioned musicians decided to work together and form a new band. Dennis Ward suggested the recruitment of Swiss guitarist Mandy Meyer (Asia, Gotthard, Krokus). Mandy Meyer commented on the band's name: "There were so many ideas for a name and everybody liked Unisonic at the end. It fits to our band. United musicians from different backgrounds and countries". Unisonic began their first tour in June 2010, playing some warm-up shows in Germany and performing at the Sweden Rock Festival  and the Masters of Rock Festival.
In January 2012, the band released its first EP titled Ignition, through EarMusic (Edel AG), together with a video for the song Unisonic. The band's self-titled debut album was released on 30 March 2012 and entered several international music charts, scoring the highest points on the Finnish albums chart, Japanese albums chart, German albums chart and Swedish albums chart.
Unisonic embarked on their first world tour in May 2012 playing in South America  and in various European music festivals, such as Masters of Rock, Hellfest, Rock Hard and Gods of Metal among others. The second half of the tour included concerts in Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Russia, Spain and Germany.
The band's second EP, For the Kingdom, came out in May 2014, the video for the song "Exceptional" followed in July, while their second album, Light of Dawn, was released on 1 August 2014. Light of Dawn entered several international music charts, scoring the highest entries on the Finnish albums chart, German albums chart, Swiss albums chart, Czech albums chart and Japanese albums chart.
The band embarked on a summer festival tour in July 2014, performing at Masters Of Rock, Leyendas del Rock, Moscow Metal Meeting and Bang Your Head among others. A Japanese and European tour together with Edguy followed, while the band's final show was at the Knock Out Festival in December 2014.
On September 6 2016, Kosta Zafiriou announced his retirement as a professional drummer, remaining his job as Unisonic's music manager.
- Michael Kiske - lead vocals (2009–present)
- Mandy Meyer - lead & rhythm guitars (2009–present)
- Dennis Ward - bass, backing vocals (2009–present)
- Kai Hansen - lead & rhythm guitars, backing vocals (2011–present)
- Former members
- "Unisonic's Biography – Discover music, videos, concerts, stats, & pictures at". Last.fm. 2012-07-04. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "Kai Hansen Joins Forces With Michael Kiske In Unisonic". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- "Metal Rules". Metal Rules. 2010-07-27. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- Interview with Mandy Meyer, by Grande Rock.
- "Official Michael Kiske Website - Michi's Impressions from first live-shows". Michael-kiske.de. 2010-06-17. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "> News > UNISONIC - Slovakia Tour Dates Confirmed". Bravewords.com. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "Kai Hansen - Unisonic - Interview Exclusive". Uberrock.co.uk. 2012-03-27. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- Watson, Scott (2012-02-21). "Unisonic – Ignition CD Review". Planetmosh.com. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "Unisonic: Amazon.co.uk: Music". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "UNISONIC unveils the album artwork for the self titled debut album: featuring Michael Kiske, Kai Hansen & Dennis Ward". hardrockhaven.net. 2012-02-05. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "хМРЕПБЭЧ - Unisonic - I Don▓t Look For People▓s Opinions". HeadBanger.ru. 2012-02-26. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "Gotthard + Unisonic en El Teatro (Bs.As. - ARG.) | EL INFIERNO SAGRADO". Elinfiernosagrado.blogspot.com.ar. 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "MASTERS OF ROCK 2012: PÁTEK 13.7. DEŠTIVÝ NĚMECKÝ DEN". Kultura21.cz. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "Unisonic live at Hellfest 2012". metaltraveller.com. Retrieved 2012-06-29.
- "Rock Hard Festival 2012". Metal Exposure. 2012-06-27. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- Junio 27, 2012. "Manowar, Unisonic Y Adrenaline Mob En Gods Of Metal". MariskalRock.com. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- "Unisonic announce new Album and EP 'For The Kingdom'". earMUSIC. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "liveshows". Unisonic. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- A message from Kosta