|Editor||Joe Casad, Rikki Endsley, Christi Bear|
|Based in||Renton, Washington|
UNIX Review was an American magazine covering technical aspects of the UNIX operating system and C programming. Recognized for its in-depth technical analyses, the journal also reported on industry confabs and included some lighter fare.
History and profile
It was founded in 1983. In 1985 it was acquired by Miller Freeman. The journal was renamed to UNIX Review's Performance Computing (UR/PC) Magazine with the April 1998 issue, and ceased publication in 2000. The on-line publication ceased in 2007. It was published by REVIEW Publications of Renton, Washington. The rights to the title are currently owned by United Business Media (formerly CMP Media), but the UnixReview.com website is no longer active and the archives have been destroyed or hidden.
- Andrew Binstock, (editor in chief from 1991–1997), wrote "Word Wrap from the Editor"
- John Chisholm (1992-1995), wrote "Currents" column
- Stan Kelly-Bootle, writer of the "Devil's Advocate" column
- Ken Arnold, writer of the "The C Advisor" column
- Rich Morin, writer of the "The Human Factor" and "The Internet Notebook" columns
- Joe "Zonker" Brockmeier, writer of the "Tool of the Month" column
- Ed Schaefer, writer of the "Shell Corner" column
- Dinah McNutt, writer of the "Daemons and Dragons" column
- Cameron Laird, regular contributor
- Emmett Dulaney, regular contributor
- Marcel Gagné, regular contributor
- Eric Foster-Johnson, regular contributor
- "ALR revolution server series wins UNIX Review Magazine's annual outstanding product award". Business Wire. Gale Group. Nov 4, 1996. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "UNIX Review". WorldCat. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- "Performance Computing (was Unix Review) closing down". Usenix. January 12, 2000. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- Stan Kelly-Bootle. "Stan Kelly-Bootle (website home page)". Stan Kelly-Bootle's website. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Unix Review Magazine". Mondo Times. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "United Business Media plc profile and media properties". Media Owners. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Interview with Marcel Gagné". Linux. September 24, 2002. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- wftl (January 20, 2005). "UnixReview.com". Marcel Gagné, Writer and Free Thinker at Large. Archived from the original on September 7, 2009. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
|This Unix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This computer magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.