|• Total||2.88 km2 (1.11 sq mi)|
|Elevation||417 m (1,368 ft)|
|Population (Dec 2014)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,700/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Aarau, Eppenberg-Wöschnau (SO), Oberentfelden, Schönenwerd (SO), Suhr|
Unterentfelden has an area, as of 2006[update], of 2.9 km2 (1.1 sq mi). Of this area, 32.2% is used for agricultural purposes, while 30.4% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 37% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (0.3%) is non-productive (rivers or lakes).
Coat of arms
Unterentfelden has a population (as of 31 December 2014) of 4,065. As of 2008[update], 21.5% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 16.4%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (88.2%), with Italian being second most common ( 4.0%) and Serbo-Croatian being third ( 1.9%).
The age distribution, as of 2008[update], in Unterentfelden is; 369 children or 9.8% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 389 teenagers or 10.3% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 480 people or 12.7% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 514 people or 13.6% are between 30 and 39, 617 people or 16.4% are between 40 and 49, and 449 people or 11.9% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 427 people or 11.3% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 310 people or 8.2% are between 70 and 79, there are 186 people or 4.9% who are between 80 and 89,and there are 27 people or 0.7% who are 90 and older.
As of 2000[update], there were 145 homes with 1 or 2 persons in the household, 681 homes with 3 or 4 persons in the household, and 534 homes with 5 or more persons in the household. The average number of people per household was 2.28 individuals. In 2008[update] there were 685 single family homes (or 38.2% of the total) out of a total of 1,794 homes and apartments.
The historical population is given in the following table:
In Unterentfelden about 75.4% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the school age population (in the 2008/2009 school year[update]), there are 314 students attending primary school, there are 60 students attending secondary school in the municipality.
As of 2007[update], Unterentfelden had an unemployment rate of 1.77%. As of 2005[update], there were 12 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 5 businesses involved in this sector. 576 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 37 businesses in this sector. 1,086 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 112 businesses in this sector.
As of 2000[update] there were 1,583 total workers who lived in the municipality. Of these, 1,294 or about 81.7% of the residents worked outside Unterentfelden while 1,160 people commuted into the municipality for work. There were a total of 1,449 jobs (of at least 6 hours per week) in the municipality.
From the 2000 census[update], 935 or 29.3% are Roman Catholic, while 1,649 or 51.6% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there are 8 individuals (or about 0.25% of the population) who belong to the Christian Catholic faith.
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistics Office – STAT-TAB Ständige und Nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Region, Geschlecht, Nationalität und Alter (German) accessed 31 August 2015
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 26-January-2010
- Flags of the World.com accessed 26-January-2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bereich 01 -Bevölkerung (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bevölkerungsdaten für den Kanton Aargau und die Gemeinden (Archiv) (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau - Aargauer Zahlen 2009 (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Bereich 11 Verkehr und Nachrichtenwesen (German) accessed 21 January 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Unterentfelden.|