This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||Nasdaq Helsinki: UPONOR|
|Jyri Luomakoski (President and CEO), Jorma Eloranta (Chairman)|
|Products||HVAC and plumbing systems|
|Revenue||€1,170.4 million (2017)|
|€95.9 million (2017)|
Number of employees
Uponor Corporation is a company that sells products for drinking water delivery, radiant heating and cooling. The corporation has approximately 4,000 employees.
Uponor Corporation's shares have been listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange, with ticker symbol UPONOR, since 6 June 1988. Based in Finland, Uponor is listed in the Large Cap segment on Nasdaq Helsinki exchange.
The corporation's head office is in the city of Vantaa, in the vicinity of the Helsinki airport.
Uponor’s business consists of three product groups:
- Indoor climate products (heating, cooling, and ventilation) (25%)
- Plumbing products (49%)
- Infrastructure products (26%)
Uponor’s business is divided into three business segments:
- Building Solutions - Europe
- Building Solutions - North America
- Uponor Infra
Uponor's customers include building industry professionals, such as distributors and installers, designers, architects, project developers and other construction sector service providers.
Uponor's indoor climate offering includes integrated radiant heating, cooling and ventilation products. Uponor's portfolio includes water pipes used in buildings, including potable water and radiator connection pipes. Uponor's PEX and composite pipe systems are used for renovation and modernisation projects.
Uponor Infra is the result of a merger between Uponor Infrastructure and KWH Pipe whose products and solutions are used in new and rehabilitation infrastructure projects associated with water and wastewater piping, storm-water management, gas distribution, culvert reline and slip lining. This division has production plants in Europe, North America, South East Asia, developing and manufacturing of plastic solid wall (Sclairpipe), structural profile pipe (Weholite) and tanks (Wehopanel) systems for the managing and distribution of water, drainage, energy, electricity, telecommunications and data.
Uponor Corporation’s major registered shareholders (31.12.2017):
- Oras Invest Ltd (investment company of the Paasikivi family) (22.6%)
- Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company (5.3%)
- Nordea Nordic Small Cap Fund (3.8%)
- Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company (3.0%)
- Mandatum Life Insurance Company Limited (1.4%)
Of the total shareholding, 26.4% are in foreign ownership.
- "Uponor Financial statements bulletin 2017" (PDF). Uponor Corporation. Retrieved 2018-02-21.
- "Facts and Figures - Uponor". www.uponor.com. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Solutions, services and performance in every step of the project - Uponor". www.uponor.com. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Uponor solutions for radiant heating and cooling and plumbing - Uponor". www.uponor.com. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Our solutions - Uponor". www.uponor.com. Retrieved 2016-03-30.