|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||Nasdaq Helsinki: UNR1V|
|Jyri Luomakoski (President and CEO), Jorma Eloranta (Chairman)|
|Products||HVAC and plumbing systems|
|Revenue||€1,050.8 million (2015)|
|€71.4 million (2015)|
Number of employees
Uponor Corporation is a provider of systems and services for drinking water delivery, energy-efficient radiant heating and cooling, and reliable infrastructure. Uponor manufactures pipe of the PEX material amongst many other items.
Uponor has operations in 30 countries, and sells its products in close to 100 countries through local service partners. The corporation has approximately 3,700 employees.
The corporation's head office is in the city of Vantaa, in the vicinity of the Helsinki airport.
Uponor’s business consists of three product groups:
- Indoor climate products (heating, cooling, and ventilation) (25%)
- Plumbing products (45%)
- Infrastructure products (30%)
Uponor’s business is divided into three business segments:
- Building Solutions - Europe
- Building Solutions - North America
- Uponor Infra
Uponor's customers include building industry professionals, such as distributors and installers, designers, architects, project developers and other construction sector service providers.
Uponor's indoor climate offering includes integrated radiant heating, cooling and ventilation products. Uponor's portfolio includes water pipes used in buildings, including potable water and radiator connection pipes. Uponor's PEX and composite pipe systems are used for renovation and modernisation projects.
Uponor Infra is the result of a merger between Uponor Infrastructure and KWH Pipe with the goal of facilitating the transport of clean water and sewage in both urban and rural areas. This division has production plants in Europe, North America, South East Asia, developing and manufacturing plastic pipe systems for the distribution of water, drainage, energy, electricity, telecommunications and data.
Uponor Corporation’s major registered shareholders (31.12.2015):
- Oras Invest Ltd (investment company of the Paasikivi family) (22.6%)
- Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company (5.3%)
- Nordea Nordic Small Cap Fund (4.1%)
- Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company (2.7%)
- Nordea Suomi (1%)
Of the total shareholding, 31.5% are in foreign ownership.
- "Uponor Financial Statements Report 2015" (PDF). Uponor Corporation. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Facts and Figures - Uponor". www.uponor.com. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Solutions, services and performance in every step of the project - Uponor". www.uponor.com. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Uponor solutions for radiant heating and cooling and plumbing - Uponor". www.uponor.com. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- "Our solutions - Uponor". www.uponor.com. Retrieved 2016-03-30.