|Song by Katy Perry from the album Prism|
|Recorded||Luke's in the Boo
Conway Recording Studios
Secret Garden Studios
|Prism track listing|
"International Smile" is a song by American singer-songwriter Katy Perry from her fourth studio album, Prism (2013), as the eighth song on the album. It was written by Perry along with Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald, Max Martin, and Henry "Cirkut" Walter, being that the later three also helmed the song's production. Musically, it is a nü-disco song which draws influence from disco, pop rock, dance-pop, similar to the sound heard on her third album, Teenage Dream (2010).
"International Smile" was written by Perry, Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin, and Henry Walter. Production was handled by Dr. Luke, Max Martin, and Cirkut, who were also responsible for the song's programming and instrumentation. It was recorded and engineered by Peter Carlsson, Clint Gibbs, Sam Holland, and Michael Ilbert at Luke's in the Boo in Malibu, California, Conway Recording Studios in Hollywood, California, MXM Studios in Stockholm, Sweden, and Secret Garden Studios in Montecito, California. The engineers were assisted by Eric Eylands, Rachael Findlen, Justin Fox, and Cory Bice. For the final stage, John Hanes engineered the song for mixing while Serban Ghenea mixed it. According to Perry, "International Smile" was recorded as an ode to her best friend Mia Moretti.
"International Smile" is a nü-disco song which draws influence from disco, pop rock, dance-pop, and has a length of three minutes and fourty-seven seconds (3:47). Comparative to the sound heard on Perry's third studio album, Teenage Dream (2010), specifically it's fifth single "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)".
- Prism (inlay cover) (Media notes). Capitol Records. 2013. p. 8. Unknown parameter
- Catucci, Nick (October 17, 2013). "Prism review". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- Harvilla, Rob (October 22, 2013). "Katy Perry Grows Up and Bums Us Out on Her Shrewd, Tepid 'Prism'". Spin. Spin Media. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- Lipshutz, Jason (October 22, 2013). "Katy Perry's 'PRISM': Track-By-Track Review". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- Lansky, Sam (October 22, 2013). "Katy Perry’s ‘Prism’: Album Review". Idolator. Buzz Media. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Katy Perry — PRISM". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- Kot, Greg (October 20, 2013). "Katy Perry, 'Prism' album review". Chicago Tribune. Tribune Company. Retrieved January 6, 2014.
- Hyden, Steven (October 22, 2013). "Katy Perry's Growth Spurt". Grantland. ESPN. Retrieved October 31, 2013.