David Alvin (born December 11, 1971, Winfield, Illinois, USA) lived in Carol Stream, Illinois until August 1978. He moved to Georgetown, Florida and attended Crescent City (Junior-Senior) High School, where he graduated with honors on June 8, 1990. At Stetson University, he earned a Bachelor of Arts in social science-education with history and political science minors on May 15, 1994.
After several years working in convenience stores and at several other retail occupations, he moved from Florida to North Dakota in August 2002. He married Martha Fix of Minot, North Dakota on July 12, 2003 and has been employed as office manager at Fast Cash North, a payday loan provider in Minot, since that September.
Beginning in November 2004, he embarked on another career as an author of science fiction and fantasy novels as well as an ongoing series of Christian devotionals known as An Ensign on the Mountains. The latter are available by request through the author's email at the end of each week, usually Fridays.
Available and Projected Works
A skipped generation of super humans becomes the bulwark of resistance against enemies from without and within.
- Progeny. Bloomington, IN: AuthorHouse, 2004. ISBN 1418499455
- Legacy. Bloomington, IN: AuthorHouse, 2006. ISBN 1425907431
- Victory. Projected release date 2009.
- Epiphany. Projected release date 2010.
- The Carbonari Players. Morrisville, NC: Lulu, 2005. 2005 National Novel Writing Month winner. A murder mystery set in the afterlife.
- Litany. California: CreateSpace, 2008. 2008 National Novel Writing Month winner. A novella set thirteen years before Progeny told by the hero Gadgetmaster and his doppelganger.
- An Ensign On The Mountains. Weekly Christian devotional writing.