|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
I am no longer an active editor of Wikipedia, although I occasionally touch up an article that I find particularly wanting. I find coding for an open-source project (i.e., Drupal) to be more fulfilling (I am EvanDonovan on Drupal.org).
I occasionally blog at donovan.covblogs.com. These days, you can most often find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. Also, you may reach me in my capacity as a Web Developer for TechMission at www.urbanministry.org/user/evandonovan.
My Life (as a bulleted list)
- Born June 15, 1984 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- Raised Reformed, in the PCA
- Graduated from Solanco High School in 2002
- Attended Covenant College for undergrad
- Ran cross country, contributed to literary magazine, wrote & worked on graphic design for campus newspaper, the Bagpipe
- Wrote undergraduate thesis (known at Covenant as a SIP) on Marshall McLuhan's media theories and the rhetoric of hypertext: that is, how hypertext documents, and, more broadly, web communities, offer media experiences that transcend McLuhan's dialectical oppositions between hot and cool communication, between word and image. The finished paper (at least insofar as such a paper can be finished) is accessible at my writing wiki.
- Studied abroad in spring of 2006 at Oxford University: main tutorials were on British Romanticism and Christian theology to A.D. 450
- Graduated May 2006 with a B.A. in English
- In fall of 2006, moved to Boston to serve with TechMission via AmeriCorps at an after-school program for the youth of Dorchester
- Started work in July of 2007 as Online Publications Editor for TechMission
- Became Web Developer intern through AmeriCorps VISTA in November 2008
- Got engaged in June 2009 :)
- Became a staff Web Developer in November 2009
- Got married in May 2010