- The image in the infobox must be a free image (this is what sucks about reviewing offline, I can't check that, but it doesn't look like one...)
- Believe me when I say that the display you witnessed towards "DCBot" as you called it was not unjustified. The amount of trouble I had to get the infobox picture of TISM up was ridiculous and it is the best image of them available. This discussion provides a glimpse of the process involved in getting it up. Its tag is "Copywrited: The copyright holder allows anyone to use it for any purpose, provided that credit is given to www.bandwagon.net.au.
- The entire "Rise to fame" section is unsourced. Need sources for: signing with Shock, joining Tony Cohen, Tokin Blackman (LOL!) joining the band. So 3 refs are needed (or one source that covers everything, etc.)
- I don't know what sort of reference you're after with the signing to Shock. I mean... they did... its true... so... yeah. The Shock page on TISM (via Internet archive) has a bunch of releases listed by TISM... is that what you're after? Proof they were on Shock?
- Second, the Tony Cohen one was re-worded but if thats not enough to keep it, it can just be taken out. Its not that important.
- It would be OK (and quite cool) to have an image of the Australia the Lucky Cunt cover art, to help illustrate the second paragraph of the "Rise to fame" section. Also, is there a ref for the re-release with a new name?
- The re-release info is in the video in the preceding reference (which shows the original, the compromise and one other in-between artwork) but if that's not enough, another link to tism's history suffice? Or should the reference be doubled or just moved to the end of the paragraph? (the original art is on Australia the Lucky Cunt if you're interested)
- "and was consequently ignored by every music television show in Australia – even the usually liberal rage" - OK, this should really be removed. It could be offensive to rage, has POV, and is not encyclopediac. If there's a source saying that everyone ignored it, you can mention that.
- The TISM history said that, though as per your concern the sentence was greatly toned down (read: excised) and the same reference kept.
- "Following the wanker.com tour, TISM signed with Festival Mushroom Records which re-released their entire back catalogue on CD. Their first and only official album with FMR, De RigueurMortis (2001) débuted impressively at #24 on the ARIA chart and #3 on the Alternative ARIA Chart" - A few things: Use full name (www.tism.wanker.com), change "FMR" to "Festival Mushroom Records", remove "impressively" as POV, see if you can find a ref for the Alternative ARIA chart (I don't think it's freely published, but you never know...it might be mentioned in an article about the band or something).
- I don't see why FMR has to be changed to Festival Mushroom Records, as its mentioned by its full name not one sentence earlier. Reading it twice in such quick succession is cumbersome.
- I haven't been able to find the official Alternative ARIA chart yet, but I'll look again. Failing that, I'll use a secondary source like you suggest.
- wlink for gig?
- I don't understand this comment.
- "A search for TISM brings up the Max. Pos. 63." (ref 13) - Can you get a link to this search?
- No. That's the closest I could get - and not through lack of trying!
- "Later the same month, TISM were inducted into the EG Hall of Fame," - What's EG, and is there a wlink for it?
- I don't know what EG is, except they were inducted into it.
- It'd be good to see some more non-geocites refs in the article, wherever possible...
- As unfortunate as that is, the geocities links are largely (if not exclusively) due to the articles being hosted at the comprehensive archive website "TISM Self Storage" the content itself is invaluable even if it is hosted at an oft-looked-down-upon host.
- "Though a clear link can be drawn from The Residents' The Third Reich 'n' Roll video, in which the band wore Ku Klux Klan uniforms made of newspaper: TISM did exactly this at their first gig." - Reword, suggested "A clear link can be drawn from The Residents' The Third Reich 'n' Roll video, in which the band wore Ku Klux Klan uniforms made of newspaper, as TISM did the same thing in a gig." - You also need a source, at least to The Residents' video (even on youtube).
- I don't see how "TISM did the same thing in a gig" is better. How its worded is more specific, in my opinion. The suggested line is vague.
- The source, however, can be done.
- Last paragraph of Style section needs a non-TISM, non-geocities ref.
- Yes, it does. Good point.
- Or indeed, any ref.
- Most of the external links are not relevant as external links - they can be used as references instead. Only the first (official site) and last (MusicBrainz, provided it's a full discog) should be kept there. A MySpace link (for TISM, not ROOT!) could go there too.
about the "members" section being moved down, how do you feel about it going like this:
- 1.1 Early years
- 1.2 Rise to fame
- 1.3 After Shock Records
- 1.4 Current status
- 2.1 Identities
6. External links