Articles I'm working on
Role at Wikipedia
I'd love to develop the skill to be a wikipedia editor or admin one day.
Hobsonlane (talk) 01:52, 14 October 2013 (UTC)
Contributing to the common good makes me feel good. Helping improve the clarity and accuracy of Wikipedia articles gives me as much joy as almost anything else I do, except when I let pride and cortisol get in the way of my judgement. On bad days of edit warring here I redirect my fading brain cycles to stackoverflow.com, where the gamification of do-gooding is more thorough.
I learn more from Wikipedia each day than from any other source of information.
- Bachelors Degree in English Lit from Vanderbilt University
- Bachelors Degree in Physics from Vanderbilt University
- Masters Degree in Dynamics and Controls from Georgia Tech (ME Dept)
- 15 years of autonomous system engineering in the aerospace industry
- 5 years of middle management in the aerospace industry
- 3 years of professional science and engineering teaching
- 2 years as founder and CTO for 2 different startups while sailing around the world
- 5 patents
- 2 year of professional web development experience