Motto in English
|Location||Beijing, People's Republic of China|
|Campus||Urban, 2 Campus|
The data from a statistic in 2008 says that there are 7150 students including 6017 undergraduate students, 481 postgraduate students and 59 foreign students, some of whom have traveled from Macau, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan. There are also students of other nationalities. This institute is composed of 5 schools(clothing design and engineering school, polymer materials and engineering school,art design school,business school,industry design and information technology school) and 2 departments(foreign language and painting).
In the past, Beijing Institute of Clothing Technology named depended on clothing, but in 2007, the BIFT transformed the name to Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology. This college is the only one school that education based on the fashion and clothing design .
It was founded in 1959 as the Beijing Institute of Textile Technology and was later renamed as the Beijing Institute of Chemical Fiber Technology in 1961. In 1971,it was combined together with Beijing University of Chemical Technology and then in 1978 was separated from it,returning to the name of "Beijing Institute of Chemical Fiber Technology". In the year 1987,it was renamed again as the Beijing Institute of Clothing Technology. In 2008, its official name of English version was changed to "Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology", together with the address of its official website.
The School of Fashion Art and Engineering,School of Art and Design, School of Material Science and Engineering are major faculties.  The School of Fashion Art and Engineering continuously monitors its major studies with the development of the fashion industry over 20 years. The School of Fashion Art and Engineering conferred Bachelor’s Degree with five subjects areas: Fashion Design and Engineering, Arts Design (including Fashion Design, Knitwear, and Fashion Communication) and Performance (Fashion Modeling). In addition,the Arts Design, Fashion Design and Engineering and Textile & Product Design are offered to Master’s Degree students. The school of Art and Design at BIFT conferred five majors in Art and Design(Art Design, Industrial Design, Animation, Digital Media Art and Photography) and two minor disciplines(Design Art and Art Studies) for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The School of Material Science and Engineering is the other major faculty that offers undergraduates and Master programs including Polymer Materials and Engineering, Applied Chemistry and Textile Chemistry, Textile Materials, Textile Chemistry and Dyeing & Finishing Engineering, and Chemical engineering courses.
Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology has completed a hundreds of national and Beijing municipal teaching reform projects, fashion design projects, other science and research projects, and has achieved 10 national-level and provincial-level awards. The institute also participated in 2008 Olympics' opening and closing ceremonies for the Creative Solutions project, its fashion design project was judged to be a remarkable project.  The institute also participated in designing the space suits for the astronauts in Shenzhou Seven Spacecraft, including the design of the patterns on the astronauts’ sleeping bags, the color scheme of the space suits and the development of their shoes to be worn in the Spacecraft. 
Beijing Institute of Clothing Technology consits of five colleges, two departments, two teaching divisions, a graduate school and an educational center. 
College of Clothing Art and Business
College of Art and Design
College of Materials Science and Engineering
College of Business
College of Industrial Design and Information Engineering
Foreign Language Department
Plastic Arts Department
Division of Social Science
Division of Basic Courses
An Educational Center
Computer Science Teaching Center
A Graduate School
College of Continuing Education
Museum of Ethnic Costumes
Museum of Ethnic Costumes in Beijing Institute of Clothing Technology is a cultural research institution integrated with collection, exhibition,research and teaching functions. This museum exhibits more than ten thousand excellent works of cultural resources including clothes, trappings, fabrics, batiks, ancient costumes and fabrics. 
There are total of 70 bedrooms, which are three-bed rooms and two-bed rooms. Each room has bedding, air conditioner, TV, broadband internet access, washroom, book shelf, and wardroble facilities. 
- "Raffles Design Institute".
- "Shanghai University- Paris International Institute of Fashion and Arts".
- "The Central Academy of Fine Arts".
- "The China Academy of Art".
- "China Hong Kong Academy of Fine Art".
- "Underwear fashion show in Beijing". Global Times. September 26, 2012. Retrieved October 05, 2012. Check date values in:
- "Museum of Ethnic Costumes in Beijing Institute of Clothing Technology". China org website. Retrieved August 25, 2005.
- "Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology". Official Website. Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved April 2,2012. Check date values in:
- "The map of schoole & Departments". School Departments. Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved April 3,2012. Check date values in:
- "School of Fashion Art and Engineering". School Departments. Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved April 3,2012. Check date values in:
- "School of Art and Design". School Departments. Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved April 3,2012. Check date values in:
- "School of Material Science and Engineering". Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved April 3,2012. Check date values in:
- "Museum of Ethnic Costumes". Official Website. Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Living Facilities". Admissions website. Bejing institute of Fashion Technology. Retrieved April 2,2012. Check date values in:
|This article on a university, college or other tertiary educational institution in China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|