From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Issues with Infobox Russian inhabited locality:
- it includes many informations not normally found in infoboxes, and are probably better presented in the lede
- "Administrative center of", is probably already specified in the first few words of the article
- automatically transcludes a large amount of 'citation needed' tags for facts that are either trivial or unlikely to be challenged
- references are also used quite liberally, Vladivostok provides an example of this: the location of the city within the Primorsky Krai is made self-evident by the location map. This extensive use of references to verify patently accurate informations only contributes to the visual clutter.
- it's too complex considering that it handles just over 1,000 articles. the main template is 25k in size and it calls another 30kb template just to determine the correct location map
- the commons category shouldn't be included in the infobox (Wikipedia:Sister_projects#Where_to_place_links)
- 2002 census stats: removing them creates a glaring "Cite error" in some pages. This should be fixed in the corresponding articles rather than in the template (we can't keep the 2002 figures forever).
- overlinking of simple English words (flag, capital, etc)
- the right image maps, location maps and time zones for the article should be fetched by using the OKATO codes
- Missing maps: Buryat Republic, Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, Sakha (Yakutia) Republic, Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug