I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and Northern California in the late 1970s and early 1980s. When I lived in California, I used to go to San Jose Earthquakes and national team games in Spartan Stadium. I also had the misfortune of watching the 1985 Torrance debacle live on T.V. With pro teams coming and going every few years, I just never gave my alliegiance to any of them. Instead, I became a fan of the U.S. national team and have remained so for over twenty years.
- Ensure all the players in the following groups have bios:
- Hermann Trophy - Done 1.
- 2. Missouri Athletic Club Player of the Year - Done
- 3. NSCAA Player of the Year - Done
- Soccer America Player of the Year Award - Done 4.
- Soccer America College Team of the Century - Done 5.
- ISAA Player of the Year - Done 6.
- ISAA Goalkeeper of the Year - Done 7.
- 1996 MLS Inaugural Allocations - Done 8. U.S. players in the
- U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year - Done 9.
- 10. Every player on a U.S. World Cup roster - Done
- 11. Every U.S. men's Olympic soccer player from 1972 to today - Done
- 12. Every player who has played for the U.S. national team - Done
- Ensure articles exist for the following teams and competitions:
- UNC women's soccer team - Done 1.
- 2. UCLA, Indiana, Virginia and St. Louis men's college soccer teams - Not started
- Western Soccer Alliance team - Done 3. Each
- 4. Every San Francisco, Portland and Seattle men's pro team - Done
- U.S. Cup - Done 5. Each
- Joe Robbie Cup - Done 6.
- World Series of Soccer - Done 7.
- Marlboro Cup - Done 8.
- NAFC Championship tournaments - Done 9. Each of the four
- 10. Record of every U.S. national team game broken down by opponent and decade - Done
- Other projects that I work on from time to time:
- 1. Ensure every U.S. and Canadian professional soccer team has a corresponding player category
- 2. Ensure each U.S. and Canadian professional soccer league (indoor and outdoor) has a corresponding category
- 3. Generally go through U.S. soccer bios, but also some non-U.S. bios if the guy played in the U.S., and clean them up.
- 4. As a fan of the short lived Western Soccer Alliance, I've been creating bios of guys who played in that league.
- 5. Writing articles related to early twentieth century U.S. soccer, including the National Challenge Cup, Southern New England Soccer League, National Association Football League, the first American Soccer League and various controversies and organizations.