"Any card, so long as it exists, has the potential to be useful. Someone who would reject his cards by calling them "trash" doesn't deserve to call himself a duelist." -- Yusei Fudo, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
Well, well. Guess who finally got around to writing something on her user page.
My name is Melanie, or Mel for short. I live in New Zealand, also known as Aotearoa, the Land of the Long White Cloud. I am a high school student, and do well in English and Computing subjects. However, I do pretty poorly in Physical Education. Go figure.
First and foremost, I am a complete otaku. I love manga and anime, and my favorite series are Fullmetal Alchemist, Yu-Gi-Oh! (all five series are excellent, but DM and 5D's are the best), and Wolf's Rain. I am also a big fan of many of CLAMP's series, including Cardcaptor Sakura and Angelic Layer. I also play a lot of video games, mainly RPGs such as Final Fantasy and Star Ocean. My favorite games of all time are Ōkami and Star Ocean: The Second Story.
When I'm not watching anime, reading manga, or gaming, I enjoy watching several live-action TV shows, including all three CSI series (my favorite of which is Miami), NCIS, and House, M.D.. I also occasionally watch reality TV such as The Amazing Race, and documentary shows on the Discovery, Animal Planet and National Geographic channels.
Unlike a lot of people my age, I like to read - mainly science-fiction and fantasy novels. My favorite author is Richard Adams, for his amazing book Watership Down. I am also a fan of Anne McCaffrey, Stephen King, Terry Pratchett, and many others.
I also write and draw on occasion.
- Anime and manga, mainly shounen with a few shoujo sprinkled here and there.
- Video games, mainly RPGs and action/adventure games, occasionally shooters.
- Books - action, sci-fi and fantasy, no romantic novels.
- Drawing and painting, mostly animals and still-life stuff.
- British sitcoms. Always good. My favorite is After You've Gone.
- Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series. LittleKuriboh is an absolute genius. Really.
- My PS2, DS, and good ol' Windows XP.
- Dubbing companies who take perfectly good anime and cut, censor, edit, rewrite, and generally butcher it until it becomes a huge steaming pile of... something not very nice. A prime example is 4Kids, and their so-called "dub" of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX.
- SVU: Special Victims Unit. I apologize to anyone who actually likes it, but I honestly think it's the worst show ever.
- The ending of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Inconclusive much?