"I have always thought that publishing should be like taking your clothes to the laundromat."
Hi! My 2021 new year's resolution is to read more books, and my 2020 new year's resolution was to get into Women's Basketball. But my 2019 new year's resolution was to edit wikipedia. I also resolved to listen to more jazz and learn some new recipes... Right now I'm interested in graphic design history... Hope you enjoy my edits and posts.
Articles I've written:
- Caroline Goe - self-taught New York artist
- Monica Flaherty Frassetto - filmmaker and archaeologist
- Olive Cowell - patron of the arts and music, and a professor of International Relations, mother of composer Henry Cowell
- Eliza Douglas - American painter
- Beau Geste Press - independent publisher run by Felipe Ehrenberg, Martha Hellion and David Mayor, active 1970- 1976
- Tony Cokes - American visual artist
- Michael Gibbs - British poet and visual artist
- Jason Hirata - American artist
- Paul Kagan - American photographer, graphic artist, and author known for his psychedelic posters and book about California utopian communities
- Hessian Hills School - a progressive school in the Mount Airy neighborhood of Croton-on-Hudson, New York
- Carlton Livingston - Jamaican reggae vocalist, known for his 1984 hit "100 Weight of Collie Weed"
- Fred Lonidier - American photographer
- Roberta Bayley - American photographer known for her photographs of New York punk scene
- George Corrin - known for creating the sets for presidential debates between Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy.
- Joe Leseur - American poet and screenwriter
- Shelby Jacobs - American engineer, known for designing the camera equiment that filmed the Saturn V rocket separation.
- Rosmarie Tissi - Swiss graphic designer, known for her posters.
- Gracie Mansion Gallery - LES art gallery known for being one of the first in the 80s.
- LeRoy Winbush - Chicago graphic designer known for his window displays
- Nye Ffarrabas - Fluxus artist
- Rosemary Butcher - British choreographer
Articles I'm working on:
To work on:
- Patsy Southgate
- Alicia Cheng
- Suzanne Langille
- Hanna Nagel
- Joyce McKinley (sister or Ray McKinley); first music phD according to milford graves
- Cynthia Schloss
- Huang Hua Cheng - Taiwanese designer
- Erica Horn
- Mary Faulconer
- Carmin Karasic - multimedia net artist and IT professional, co-founder of EDT
- Audrey Meyer - graphic designer
- Olivia Plender - cool artist, needs work
- Angel Bat Dawid - cool person, needs work
- Grace Kao - Chinese graphic designer and teacher who facilitated the creation and accreditation of new design schools in Hong Kong
Some article ideas related to BIPOC Design History
- Charles Clarence Dawson
- AfriCOBRA - needs additional citations
- African-American graphic designers - category needs population
- Archie Boston
- Ed Towles
- Maurice Woods
Last updated: 2021-08-15