"I have always thought that publishing should be like taking your clothes to the laundromat."
Hi! My 2022 new year's resolution is to listen to more classical music. In 2021 I resolved to read more books, and in 2020 I started getting into Women's Basketball. But my 2019 new year's resolution was to edit wikipedia. I also resolved to listen to more jazz and learn some new recipes... Right now I'm interested in graphic design history... Hope you enjoy my edits and posts.
Articles I've written:
- Caroline Goe - self-taught New York artist
- Monica Flaherty Frassetto - filmmaker and archaeologist
- Olive Cowell - patron of the arts and music, and a professor of International Relations, mother of composer Henry Cowell
- Eliza Douglas - American painter
- Beau Geste Press - independent publisher run by Felipe Ehrenberg, Martha Hellion and David Mayor, active 1970- 1976
- Tony Cokes - American visual artist
- Michael Gibbs - British poet and visual artist
- Jason Hirata - American artist
- Paul Kagan - American photographer, graphic artist, and author known for his psychedelic posters and book about California utopian communities
- Hessian Hills School - a progressive school in the Mount Airy neighborhood of Croton-on-Hudson, New York
- Carlton Livingston - Jamaican reggae vocalist, known for his 1984 hit "100 Weight of Collie Weed"
- Fred Lonidier - American photographer
- Roberta Bayley - American photographer known for her photographs of New York punk scene
- George Corrin - known for creating the sets for presidential debates between Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy.
- Joe Leseur - American poet and screenwriter
- Shelby Jacobs - American engineer, known for designing the camera equiment that filmed the Saturn V rocket separation.
- Rosmarie Tissi - Swiss graphic designer, known for her posters.
- Gracie Mansion Gallery - LES art gallery known for being one of the first in the 80s.
- LeRoy Winbush - Chicago graphic designer known for his window displays
- Nye Ffarrabas - Fluxus artist
- Rosemary Butcher - British choreographer
- Diamond Johnson - second-year point guard for the North Carolina State University Wolfpack
- Cinzia Ruggeri - Italian fashion designer + artist
- Jamillah James - American curator
- Judith Schiff - Archivist at Yale University who co-edited Charles Lindbergh's autobiography
- Karmele Leizaola - Venezuelan graphic designer (I only translated this article. Credit goes to Spanish-language editors)
- Richard Long (sound designer) - legendary NYC sound engineer known for designing club systems in the 1970s and 80s, including Paradise Garage.
- Otis Houston Jr. - New York based artist, known for installing and performing his work in public along FDR Drive in Manhattan.
Articles I'm working on:
- Draft: McLean Greaves - Canadian writer, technologist and internet entrepreneur who founded the Cafe los Negroes website and forum in 1995
- Jean Brown - librarian and art collector - needs work
- Draft:Cynthia Schloss - Jamaican reggae vocalist known as Jamaica's songbird
- Draft:Loretta Staples - Interface designer
- Draft:Jan van Raay - photographer known for taking picutres of GAAG and other art protests
- Draft:Alex Rosner - sound designer known for designing system at the Loft
To work on:
- Patsy Southgate
- Suzanne Langille
- Hanna Nagel
- Joyce McKinley (sister or Ray McKinley); first music phD according to milford graves
- Olivia Plender - cool artist, needs work
- Angel Bat Dawid - cool person, needs work
- Allen van Newkirk - publisher of Guerrilla
- Draft:Coracle Press
- Draft:David Mayor
- Draft:IG Times
- The Black Book (Morrison book) - this is a stub. I wonder if there's more to say about the book's visual language.
Women in design/printing
- Alicia Cheng
- Erica Horn
- Mary Faulconer
- Audrey Meyer - graphic designer
- Grace Kao - Chinese graphic designer and teacher who facilitated the creation and accreditation of new design schools in Hong Kong
- Hazel Dreis
Some article ideas related to BIPOC Design History
- Huang Hua Cheng - Taiwanese designer
- Charles Clarence Dawson
- AfriCOBRA - needs additional citations
- African-American graphic designers - category needs population
- Archie Boston
- Ed Towles
- Maurice Woods
Teaching & learning
Last updated: 2022-08-22