Stuff to do when I suddenly find a spare life hanging around. (Anyone is welcome to beat me to doing any of the following!)
- upload picture of chives
- see Talk:Quadratic formula
- Get dates for Jacques Prevert
- see Talk:Louis IV of France
- merge North Pole and South Pole into something coherent & unstubbish, about geographic & magentic poles. (but please beat me to it, I know naaaaaaathing about all this)
- merge in all the types of computer kernel, maybe
- do some fiddling to floppy disk
- sort out Folly
- direct object and indirect object
- ponder some way to merge all these "walled garden" todo lists -- somehow resurrect "votes for rewrite"
The todo lists
- Many users now keep a "todo" list within their personal space -- but many users also add a "but please beat me to it!"
- Many articles' talk pages have notes & queries which go unresolved for months (qv my watchlist...).
- Recent changes goes by too quickly for people to see questions that they might be able to answer.
Instead of keeping personal lists, we should start using Wikipedia:Pages needing attention more -- but change it to be a hub of sorts. From this, we'd have pages for different sorts of things to do:
- deletion requests
- factual questions (someone with knowledge of the subject is needed)
- copyediting / rewrites for clarity (ie work that someone can do with no knowledge of the subject other than what they read in the article itself)
- merging duplicates
- Find or fix a stub, of course
- & maybe others