User:The judge and jury
I'm fairly new here. I don't know much about editing on Wikipedia. It's just Ive noticed that the coverage on (Australian) horse raceing is still teething. I don't even want to get seriously commited to it.
But I certainly have suggestions on how to improve the Racing section (some are already there - Im talking more as an overview) :
-Pictures of horses and people would always be good - (jockey's colours too)
- coverage of :-
-top broodmares (Eight Carat, Fall Aspen, Best in Show, Dancing Show, Diamond Lover)and sires (Star Kingdom, Danehill, Redoute's Choice, Sir Tristram, Zabeel) maybe some pages with slighter worses one all combined together, Nassipour, Salieri, Jugah, Biscay, Bletchingly, Marscay, Encosta de lago, rubiton, zephyr bay, grosvenor, better boy, century, centaine, whiskey road, western symphony, summertime, sobig, sovereign red,
- top studs (Arrowfield, Coolmore) and maybe studmasters, Patrick Hogan, John Messera etc.
- top jockeys (shane dye, dittman, cassidy (both), childs, )and racecallers
- DEFINITIONS! - broodmare, dam, barrier, handicap, topweight, favourite, odds-on, betting odds, stallion , sire, blue hen, two-year old (racing), three year old (racing), colt , gelding, entire, filly, mare, rig, bay , chestnut, ready to run slaes / auctions, weanling, yearling, record - track, race, class; group racing, group 2,3,4 (listed) - traditional races, provincial cups, time-honoured races, track conditions, distaff side, pace, sectionals, front runner, onpacers, backmarkers, outsiders, swoopers, cover, track bias, apprentice, distances - sprint, stay, miler, middle distance, magic million style races, spell, tendon, let-up, bow a tendon, thumps, bleeding, training, pedigree, covering fee, broodmare sire, Lasix, (oh there IS a glossary) - many things need to be linked there), furlong, margins - lengths, sire of sires, weight, kilos, pounds, stones, limits, raised limit, welter, novice, graduation, interference , stablemate, quinella, exacta, double, trifecta etc..., open class, age-restricted, betting plunge,
- Horses with own pages....Mouawad, Rubiton, Dulcify, Lord, poseiden, Danewin , Divide and rule, skyline, sky high, todman, defier, intergaze, campaign king, maybe mahal, our poetic prince , beau zam, dane ripper, schillaci, veandercross, naturalism, fields of omagh, at talaq, wenona girl, aquanita
- horses on the combined pages...Roman Arch, Nothin Leica Dane, Filante , Suntagonal, Marauding, Dr Grace, Brew, What a Nuisance, Baryshnikov dash for cash, ebony grosve, gold guru, catalan opening, champagne, adam, umrum, old comrade, tycoon lil, nortern drake, freemason, republic lass, turridu, air seattle, artic scent, slight chance, triscay, cheif de beers, general ndiym, encounter, tierce, durbridge, dandy andy, mookta, soho square, baguette, eremein, el segundo, myocard research, riverina charm, burst, miss finland, special harmony, grand archway, arena, istidaad, kapstaad, hurricane sky, courtza, star watch, bounding away, primacy, planet ruler,
- Each horse should have their year of birth given
- lists of most group 1 wins (and also respectively), prizemoney highest earners , winners of stakes races see 
- the article on santic should be on the Diva page
- avoid ambiguity of links (well der!) - Lord, ming dynasty, peter pan, gloaming, tails, Cacique, shivaree, Naturalism, Mahogany, Dylan Thomas, Fastnet Rock, Intercontinental, Oratorio, Mosaic, Manfred, Violincello, easingwold, carbon copy, hydrogen, interference, Dhaulagiri, Abdul, Surround, The eclipse stake in Austrlaia, surfers paradise, intermediate (class race), reckless, balmerino, juggler, alinghi, heroic,
- moonee valley cup, sandown cup / classic, werribee cup, geelong cup,
--The judge and jury 07:34, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
"Oh dear. Looks like you are coming from a different era. Using single-minded judgement to determine what is what and what should go where.
Good luck...and in the spirit of the internet and social media...may you be swarmed."
...written by Slackaday. Slackaday, you own TapDog, yes? This is meant to be an encyclopaedia. Why does your horse, who in the scheme of things is / was a rather average less-than-fameworthy horse , deserve its place on Wikipedia (and even more perversely in the Famous Horses category (!)) There are many, many thousands of horses, pacers and greyhounds worldwide that should be on here first.
Does that really make me old-fashioned and single-minded? Unless you arguing from a post-modern pluralistic position on what constitutes an encylopedia I cannot see how your horse deserves its 15 'minutiae's of fame. (Perhaps you should post your 6 year-old's fridge artwork on here too.)
I doubt you will read this. (My reckoning is that youve set up the TapDog and geraldton whatever cup (just to bignote him and yourself further) pages, put a watch on them and otherwise will never get into your account ever again.) But please don't flame me for being objective against your fiery "that's my boy" protective and blatantly subjective, overblown attitude about your horse that should not stray from out of the confines of your pool room.--The judge and jury 12:00, 27 February 2007 (UTC)