User:Wiki edit Jonny
In a nutshell...
Hello all. My name is Wiki edit Jonny and you can probably surmise from that that my real name is Jonny. Unlike many other Wikipedians I don't believe in the whole virtual alias thing because I want people to feel as though they are talking to a real person and not a machine/guise. I am 24 years old and a graduate of the University of Gloucestershire where I studied English Literature with Journalism. I mostly edit articles concerning things in which I am interested, these would be:
- The X Factor (and all sub-articles) – a fantastic programme, brilliantly produced, and a far more modern and entertaining take on the reality-TV-music-talent-show setup than Pop Idol.
- Dark matter and a little bit of astrophysics – I am certainly no astophysicist though I am partial to a dabble in this field. Dark matter is a fascinating (and sightly mind-blowing) topic that I first discovered in Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. Look up dark matter – it'll take a while but it's a couple of hours well spent ;)
- Harry Potter (and all sub-articles) – need I say more? Oh go on then – it's a fantastic read that, once in your palm, is impossible to put down. Although failing on all grounds of literary aesthetics, it's still a stonking read.
- The Lord of the Rings film trilogy (and all sub-articles) – a labour of love and resulting work of genuis. The fantasy film genre has a lot to owe to 'LOTR' for reviving its place in international cinema.
- Linking things! – it's somewhat an addiction: a perpetual practice of the brilliance that is "the internal link".
My hometown is Bedford, United Kingdom, which can be described as a bit of a crapheap. For my undergraduate dissertation I looked at socio-political critique in literature on totalitarianism (a derivative of dystopian fiction), with particular reference to We, Nineteen Eighty-Four, Brave New World, Darkness at Noon and Fahrenheit 451.