Some things about my mind:
- May not be completely clear on the distinction between biography and encyclopedia as it applies to a user page.
- I have a PhD in applied math
- Speak some French and some Tswana
- Programming in C, Sql, Java, etc.
- My Myers-Briggs type seems to be INTP
- My intelligence level seems to be in the top 5 percent, not the top 1 percent though
- Used to play chess - now I play scrabble instead
- Solved Rubik's Cube without any guide!
- Also I like to play Civilization II - do not like the other versions!
- Interested in politics, current events, history, religion
- I like science a lot - physics, bio, chem, cosmology, etc.
- Not that much into literature
- My aptitudes (Johnson O'Conner Research) are: Inductive reasoning; Objective personality; Deductive Reasoning; Ideaphoria; 3-Dimensional Visualization; pitch discrimination slightly more than rhythm or timbre; high vocabulary; and that one where you learn new words.
- Aptitudes I lack are foresight, abstract thinking (antithetical to three-dimensional), and observation.
In politics I can appreciate some conservative impulses and some liberal ones. I define conservative as preserving existing structure. In elections I vote for liberals, although I got confused and voted for Zell Miller once. One year I voted for the Green Party.
Some books I have Read
- In Watermelon Sugar, by Richard Brautigan
- Raspberry - describing some 60's communes
- On the Road, by Jack Kerouac
- Harriet the Spy
- Harry Potter series
- Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak
- Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, by John Perkins
- Open Mind, by Dawna Markova
- Working Identity, by Herminia Ibarra
- WLT, by Garrison Keillor
- Godel, Escher, and Bach: The Eternal Golden Braid, by Douglas R. Hofstadter
- Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, by Betty Edwards
- Word Freak, by Stefan Fatsis
- Everything Scrabble, by Joe Edley
Places I have lived in - mostly American cities, and one African town.
- Collegeville, Pennsylvania
- Detroit, Michigan
- Pleasant Ridge, New Jersey
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Maun, Botswana
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Marietta, Georgia
- Austin, Texas
Places I have visited in other countries
- Paris, France (and Bayeux and Normandy)
- Cairo, Egypt
- Lamu, Kenya
- Malindi, Kenya
- Shakawe, Botswana
- Francistown, Botswana
- Molepolole, Botswana
- Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- London, England
American places visited
- Austin, Texas
- Reno, Nevada
- San Francisco, California
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Chicago, Illinois
- Fawn Grove, Pennsylvania
- Yellowstone Park, Wyoming
- Everglades National Park, Florida
- Princeton, New Jersey
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Washington, District of Columbia
- Mystic Seaport, Maine
- Wisconsin Dells
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Bloomington, Indiana