One of the reasons why POV-pushing is more of a problem than vandalism or spam is because although you have at least just as many people (if not more) attempting to inject bias as vandals and spammers, bias and unreliable sources are not something that can be detected by bots like AntiVandalBot nor can it be caught be the spam blacklist. However, it could be narrowed down and made easier to detect through analysis of "suspicious" sources, which are frequently abused.
The purpose of this page is to create a list of websites that are frequently (if not usually) used as unreliable sources and links to searches for them on Special:Linksearch so as to make tracking violations of WP:NPOV, WP:RS, WP:FRINGE, and WP:BLP far easier. The sources listed are not necessarily unusable (sources that should be blacklisted) but neither are they necessarily good and they frequently are used inappropriately, hence the term "greylist."
Also, please note: Due to the way Special:Linksearch is currently set up, make sure you search for both website.com and www.website.com, since they generate separate results!
To install the script:
- Edit either [[User:YOURNAME/monobook.js]] or another sub-page like [[User:YOURNAME/lifilter.js]]
- Either important it automatically through adding importScript('User:Splarka/lifilter.js'); or importScript('User:Splarka/lifilter.js');. You may also add it manually to a sub-page like [[User:YOURNAME/lifilter.js]] and then add importScript('User:YOURNAME/lifilter.js'); to [[User:YOURNAME/monobook.js]].
- Save the page.
- Purge your JS cache (Internet Explorer: press Ctrl-F5, Mozilla: hold down Shift while clicking Reload (or press Ctrl-Shift-R), Opera/Konqueror: press F5, Safari: press Cmd-Opt-E.)
To use the script:
- Go to Special:Linksearch and do your search.
- Click the filter tab at the top of the screen.
- For the regex string, type "linked from (Wikipedia\:|Wikipedia_talk\:|User talk\:|User\:|Template\:|Category\:|Image\:|Talk\:|Help\:)" (without the quotes)
- Click the "invert" button
- Click the filter or highlight button, and you're set!
In the future, hopefully somebody can make a server-side script with Ajax, since that would be a lot better and easier to use.
This list is not complete. Any additions would be welcome.
Non-partisan political opinion
- Politicalgateway