Hello, 220.127.116.11, and welcome to Wikipedia! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are some pages you might find helpful:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- How to write a great article
- Manual of Style
- Your first article
- Also feel free to make test edits in the sandbox.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you need help, please see our help pages, and if you can't find what you are looking for there, please feel free to leave me a message or place "
" on this page and someone will drop by to help. Regards, SunCreator (talk) 21:52, 28 July 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for adding the synonyms, please word the specifics of the dashes if you want to explain them. Otherwise the taxonomist conventions are not clear to the reader per Make technical articles understandable. Regards, SunCreator (talk) 17:14, 26 June 2012 (UTC)
Hi 18.104.22.168! Thank you for your contributions to reptile-related articles. You should register an account, you do not have to, but a name is better than a number, isn't it? :) Cheers, jonkerz ♠talk 00:07, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Also your edit regarding Amdeo Modigliani is wrong, I had to revert it (see). How many mistakes like those you committed? Tell us, it takes to fix everything otherwise people would get misled. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:26, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
Yes, you are right. I acted in good faith, but I was wrong. I confused syllabification with phonetics. Also, I should have trusted my ear, rather than trying to remember the rules. I had forgotten about gemination.
The only other edit, that I can remember, in which I made the same error, was to the WP article about Ugo Tognazzi. That error has already been corrected by someone less gracious.
Although I do have a college degree in Italian Language and Literature, I am obviously not a native speaker (madrelingua). In the future I will refrain from editing Italian pronunciations. Thank you. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 21:17, 6 November 2012 (UTC)
You're technically correct on the Schmidt/reference issue, but what you restored is certainly a failed attempt at humor, bordering on vandalism. Please don't revert it again. Tapered (talk) 05:22, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
I have removed your addition of Indonesia from this article as it is a distortion of the actual distribution with regard to political boundaries. Borneo is divided amongst three sovereign nations, namely Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei. Unless you expand the information to include all three countries, it is more accurate and factually correct to use just "Borneo". Do please consider taking the time to register an account as a matter of courtesy to the other individuals you are working with; your edits are many and show a great knowledge of reptiles.Attenboroughii (talk) 22:10, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hi there, it's always good to have experts working away to improve the articles - I'm not a herp man, but work in the jungles of SE Asia. I'm too swamped at the moment to make the amendment you suggest, but I can tell you that Brunei, Sarawak, Sabah and Kalimantan are all on Borneo (Brunei is a nation, Sabah and Sarawak are states of Malaysia, and Kalimantan is a state of Indonesia). Southern Thailand is (obviously!) Thailand, the Malay Peninsula is the mainland portion of Malaysia, and Sumatra is an island state of Indonesia. It might be sufficient to include the entire sentence you quoted and simply cross ref the place names - people who don't recognise them can then simply click through to find out where they are/who they belong to. On the matter of registration, it will allow you to indefinitely keep track of all your edits and feedback; currently you have an IP number, which can change, and if/when it does, all these interactions will be lost to you! Best of luck Attenboroughii (talk) 22:39, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
Good work, man
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to Amphisbaena (genus) may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry, just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- * ''[[Amphisbaena xera]]'' <small>[[:fr:Richard Thomas (zoologiste|Thomas]], 1966</small> - Puerto Rican dryland worm lizard
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.