Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to contribute constructively to the encyclopedia, adding or significantly changing content without citing a reliable source, as you did with to College tuition in the United States, is not consistent with our policy of verifiability. Take a look at the welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia. If you are familiar with Wikipedia:Citing sources, please take this opportunity to add references to the article. 16:14, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
Huh? I thought that I cited my sources --go back and look -- what do you mean that I did not cite my source? Sorry -- new to this stuff, but I thought I followed the Wikipedia rules here -- I have heard rumors of childish arguments on this website, and if you are serious with what you said, then this makes a good case that I should not join your website:
I followed the rules, and yet you deleted my posts, falsely claiming that I did not cite my sources. Maybe there was a misunderstanding; could you please clarifiy? Thank you!
Your recent edits
Hello. In case you didn't know, when you add content to talk pages and Wikipedia pages that have open discussion, you should sign your posts by typing four tildes ( ~~~~ ) at the end of your comment. You could also click on the signature button located above the edit window. This will automatically insert a signature with your username or IP address and the time you posted the comment. This information is useful because other editors will be able to tell who said what, and when. Thank you. --SineBot (talk) 16:32, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
You have requested the same assistance regarding editing the article College tuition in the United States from at least eight different editors. This contravenes WP:CANVASSING, and may be seen as disruptive editing by some. --Alan the Roving Ambassador (talk) 18:45, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
- you are right -- I was indeed 'canvassing' -but I am new to all this, and did not mean to cause trouble -- I only wanted to make sure it got prompt attention.
- But I did not want to put all my eggs in 1 basket & hope that it would be seen -- so I had to diversity -- LOL -sorry.
- Maybe I should have found the vandalism page & just posted there one request for help --would that have been the right step?
- Lastly: I owe you all restitution as well as an apology: What should I do to correct my misstep? Remove the posts on those editors' pages?188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:49, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
College tuition thing
Hey welcome to Wikipedia, someone seems to of fixed the problem but like others I'd warn against canvassing etc. like others have, if you have a concern go to the talk page or undo the edit with an explanation.
- Thank you -- I think that maybe I should have found the 'Vandalism Reporting' page and just reported it there, since it appears nobody monitors the talk page for that article. -- Yes, canvassing is bad, but I had little choice -- maybe the vandalism reporting page would work just as well. Would that be a good way to handle vandlaism you think?184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:33, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
- PS: I was afraid to undo this editor's edit, since he/she was a registered editor. I wanted other editors' concensus before doing anything more -- which I got. Thank you all.220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:34, 9 July 2011 (UTC)