- Template-style welcome-message follows. Please forgive the one-tone-fits-all phrasing!
Here are a few pages that you might find interesting and helpful:
- Editing: The concise cheatsheet, or the short introduction guide
- Overview: The Wikipedia:Five pillars, our condensed philosophy and policies
- Wikipedia:Featured articles, the standard that all articles are trying to achieve (theoretically, eventually)
- Our Wikipedia:Manual of Style
- Help:Contents, the main help menu
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! Please sign your name on talk pages (the discussion tab) using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your username (or IP address) and the date. You are welcome to continue editing articles without logging in, but you may wish to . Doing so is free, requires no personal information, and provides several benefits. For one thing, if you edit without a username, your IP address is used to identify you instead.
Don't be afraid of making mistakes, as all changes are kept, and problems can be easily reverted with the "history" tab of each page.
This is the discussion page for an IP user, identified by the user's IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an IP user, you may create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other IP users. Registering also hides your IP address.