User talk:Hg6996

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Halo,

You recently remarked on the Svensmark page that a statistical probability of p<.05 was NOT statistically significant. That misreading is easy, since you can imagine that .05 means a low probability of occuring. But it's actually the opposite, and p<.05 means a 95% chance that the results ARE true are A 5% chance that they are NOT. Check out the article on statistics if you're interested.

Guten Tag 71.224.206.164 (talk) 15:03, 11 January 2010 (UTC)

You are wrong and cite the wrong article. Check Probability#Mathematical_treatment and you can see that p=0,05 is extremely unlikely. --Hg6996 (talk) 07:11, 16 January 2010 (UTC)

Lisa Lavie Artikel[edit]

Es freut mich, dass es jetzt einen Lisa-Lavie-Artikel in der deutschen Sprache gibt. Ich bin amerikanisch, und koennte ihn nicht so leicht übersetzen! Vielen Dank. RCraig09 (talk) 05:18, 26 May 2010 (UTC)

Oh, it was a pleasure to do so ! I just love her music and her singing and wanted to thank her for her YouTube contributions by translating the Wikipedia Article. She deserves success. --Hg6996 (talk) 06:51, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
'n Abend, wieder mal! Ich wollte sagen, dass Lavie nicht mehr mit Ben Margulies arbeitet--erst Paragraph soll "zusammenarbeitetE" (mit "E" am Ende) sein, glaube ich. Auch, der Teil "Independent artist" vom Englischen Artikel ist wichtig: Ihre Unabhängigkeit ist ihr sehr wichtig, aber ich hatte Angst, mich selbst zu übersetzen! RCraig09 (talk) 03:59, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
Ah, danke ! Das werde ich heute abend nach der Arbeit ergänzen ! --Hg6996 (talk) 04:32, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
Habe einen Abschnitt ergänzt. Ich bin ein Fan von Kürze, daher habe ich den Abschnitt knapp gehalten. --Hg6996 (talk) 16:12, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
Hallo wieder mal! Ich habe zwei Änderungen gemacht. -- Ist es normal.... "Dies ist eine ungesichtete Version. Alle 2 Änderungen müssen gesichtet werden, bevor sie Benutzern standardmäßig angezeigt werden."..... zu sehen? Oder gibt's ein Problem? RCraig09 (talk) 21:09, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
Hi! Ich habe Deine Bearbeitung eben korrigiert. Die Deutsche Wikipedia ist anders als alle anderen Wikipedias. Wenn Du nur wenige Bearbeitungen hast, hast Du noch kein Vertrauen der Community. D.h. Deine Bearbeitung wird "ungesichtet" (=unreviewed) gekennzeichnet und muss erst von einem Sichter (Reviewer, beispielsweise mir) freigegeben werden. Damit soll verhindert werden, dass jede IP und jeder, der sich gerade erst angemeldet hat, einen Artikel kaputt machen kann. Da Deine Bearbeitung ein paar Fehler enthielt, habe ich sie korrigiert und dann gesichtet. Das Prinzip hat sich also auch hier bewährt :-) Jetzt ist alles ok ! --Hg6996 (talk) 08:40, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
Das habe ich gedacht--gute Idee! (Ich hoffe, dass meine Grammatik nicht *zu* komisch ist!) RCraig09 (talk) 18:22, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
Keine Sorge, Deutsch ist eine sehr schwere Sprache. Selbst Deutsche können oft nicht korrekt Deutsch schreiben. Ich habe Deinen Text korrigiert, jetzt kann niemand mehr etwas kritisieren :-) --Hg6996 (talk) 04:08, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
Allo! Neuigkeiten! Lisa Lavie auf deutsch "Momentan gibt es 1 Änderung, die noch gesichtet werden muss." SudAmerika Tour mit Yanni. Auch: Yanni--neues Foto. RCraig09 (talk) 17:32, 8 October 2010 (UTC)

Global Warming/Climate change[edit]

Hi,

I'm glad you found my work useful in writing your excellent page on the history of climate change science. It's a fine piece of work and I think about the right length for Wikipedia. I hope it gets many readers!

I think "climate change science" is more accurate than "global warming" since the article includes things like theories of the ice ages. Still, "global warming" may make a better title for your article if that is what people will be using as a search term. In English publications, "climate change" and "global warming" are used about equally but I don't know which term is more commonly used in German. Spencer Weart (talk) 18:12, 28 March 2013 (UTC)

Thanks a lot for your compliments ! My feeling is that regarding the human induced global warming the term "Globale Erwärmung" is more often used in German language. But I agree that the whole picture is about climate change in general and not only in regard of a warming. I guess I will discuss it on the discussion page of the German article and see what others say. There is currently one user who is strongly preferring the German equivalent of climate change Science but I also want to know what others say. Thanks again! --Hg6996 (talk) 20:09, 28 March 2013 (UTC)

ArbCom 2017 election voter message[edit]

Scale of justice 2.svg Hello, Hg6996. Voting in the 2017 Arbitration Committee elections is now open until 23.59 on Sunday, 10 December. All users who registered an account before Saturday, 28 October 2017, made at least 150 mainspace edits before Wednesday, 1 November 2017 and are not currently blocked are eligible to vote. Users with alternate accounts may only vote once.

The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to impose binding solutions to disputes between editors, primarily for serious conduct disputes the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the authority to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail.

If you wish to participate in the 2017 election, please review the candidates and submit your choices on the voting page. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:42, 3 December 2017 (UTC)