- If you haven't already, drop by the new user log and tell others a bit about yourself.
- Always sign your posts on talk pages with ~~~~ so others will know who left which comments.
- The Five Pillars of Wikipedia
- Our policies, guidelines, and simplified ruleset
- How to edit a page and write a great article
- The Wikipedia tutorial and picture tutorial
- The handy Manual of Style
- And finally, remember to be bold in updating pages!
I hope you enjoy editing and being a Wikipedian. Although we all make mistakes, please keep in mind what Wikipedia is not. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to see the help pages or add a question to the village pump. The Community Portal can also be very useful.
P.S. Feel free to leave a message on my talk page if you need help with anything or simply wish to say hello. :)
Re: dealing with contested entries?
Exclusion and ridicule between editors on Wikipedia is outrageous. Please give me examples of the mentioned behavior (point out edits on the Devadasi history page), and I will definitely look into this further and try my best to help. Regards, Sango123 01:27, July 17, 2005 (UTC)
Kama and the Devadasi
I did not make a link to my business pages but to a page that dealt with the Devadasi on my website, however I have not replaced that link but put a link to an interview that is not on my website and has no link to my personal business website. I have no wish to use this site for self-promotion and as such I will not put that link back, but it was not linked to my business pages but did have a link to them, and as such I am happy not to put that link.
I could have understood it if just that link had been deleted as that is a matter that deserves consideration but to delete my other contributions is senseless and I think that it is obvious to see from your other comments that you have come here after harassing me on my blog just to cause trouble.
I can sing very well and I can dance so stop the silly games and offer something that is constructive.
If you can offer well referenced contributions then do so but do not delete my contributions just because you have a problem with me.
I'm deeply sorry for any difficulties you've experienced because of this. I've reverted the Devadasi article to your last version on 08:59, July 17, 2005, with the exception of removing one link to see if the anonymous user ceases the harassment. The article is now on my watchlist, so changes can be monitored. Regards, Sango123 15:24, July 17, 2005 (UTC)
- First off, stay as calm as possible; it is not your fault if others cannot adhere to Wikipedia:Civility and Wikipedia:No personal attacks. It was very wise of you to list Devadasi at Wikipedia:Third opinion. I've left notes on JuliaJ's and Santap's talk pages asking them for their explanations and viewpoints. Please alert me if anyone violates the WP:3RR rule; let's hope things are resolved soon. Regards, Sango123 17:01, July 18, 2005 (UTC)
I'm glad you find it somewhat acceptable. And please... if you aren't satisfied with that paragraph, go ahead and revise it. That's why the edit this page tab is available to everyone. :) Sango123 15:19, July 19, 2005 (UTC)
- You're right; let's leave the article a bit and see how it settles. The last sentence you left on my talk page— "I think this episode shows how wikipedia can really work"— very eloquently summarizes this occurrence. :) Kindest regards, Sango123 15:46, July 19, 2005 (UTC)