User talk:Mpatel/sandbox/Clay Mathematics Institute
Plans for article
- Include more information about the CMI in general (founders, governance, awards, other activities).
- Shorten the section on the MPP and include a main article link to a new article The Millennium Prize Problems.
Plans for MPP article:
- Transfer most of the current section on the MPP in the CMI article to The Millennium Prize Problems.
- Make The Millennium Prize Problems the lead article in the category Category:Millennium Prize Problems.
Plans for Navier-Stokes equations:
- Big tidy-up mainly by streamlining the text.
- Include short section on the MPP and describe the problem more accurately than described at present in Navier-Stokes equations.
Update on articles
I have done some of the above. I've recently created User:Mpatel/sandbox/Millennium Prize Problems which I want to rename Millennium Prize Problems or The Millenium Prize Problems. I believe it is high time for the present Clay Mathematics Institute article to be reduced considerably in size by eliminating most of the MMP info. Although clearly and closely linked, the CMI is clearly distinct from the MPP (which is why the redirect MMP ---> CMI infuriates me no end!). If the CMI article is consequently much shorter, then that's just tough; an article on the MMP is much more important than one on the CMI (probably). MP (talk•contribs) 10:43, 16 October 2007 (UTC)