|Welcome to my talk page. Please sign and date your entries by inserting ~~~~ at the end.|
Start a new talk topic.
|Archives: 1, 2|
- 1 Your help
- 2 The Exchange 106
- 3 About reverting my edit on Petr Ćech's page
- 4 About reverting my edit in 'Style of play' section in Petr Cech's page
- 5 About reverting my edit from fhe front page
- 6 About reverting my edit from fhe front page
- 7 Need Help to Learn Regarding Interests
- 8 G. Bilro - Reply
- 9 Orlandi is a Spanish born italian player
- 10 Diwali Celebrations
- 11 Roy Carroll
- 12 Carl Haworth
- 13 Mail
- 14 Untitled
- 15 Achille Emaná
- 16 Hello - myspace change
- 17 Vale of Leven F.C.
- 18 Untitled
- 19 ArbCom 2018 election voter message
Thank you very much. I didn't have it right, because I had only 'edit source' and not 'edit'. So I didn't find the box labelled 'Summary'. Trying it, I made a correction in the entry 'Diemerci Mbokani' without this summary. Then, looking further, and adjusting my preferences so 'edit' appears alongside 'edit source', I hope I got it right this time with two corrections in the entry 'Arjen Robben'. I hope that I understood your directions well, and I thank you for your kind help! Stefan Verdorie (talk) 16:27, 26 August 2018 (UTC)
- @Stefan Verdorie: No problem at all, happy to help. Looking at your contributions, it looks like you've sussed it. Thanks for doing this much needed work, and don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else Nzd (talk) 09:59, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
The Exchange 106
I have updated the sources for your article, The Exchange 106, with references from both local and foreign newspaper as well as business magazines. The building will stand at 492m both architecturally and height to the tip and not 446m as stated CTBUH as the information is incorrect. At 446m, The Exchange 106 will only be the 2nd tallest building in Malaysia as the current tallest buildings, The Petronas Twin Towers, stands at 451.9m. I can assure you that The Exchange 106 will stand at 492m in height as I am a Malaysian citizen and we all are excited about this new building. Thus, I m humbly requesting you not to revert my changes. If your have any further questions on The Exchange 106 or any other Malaysian topics, feel free me to contact me. Thank you — Preceding unsigned comment added by Dhamo95 (talk • contribs) 06:37, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Dhamo95: It's not my article (nobody owns any article on Wikipedia), I was simply ensuring that the data matched that of the inline citation. Thanks for sorting that out, I suspect that might be too many references, but I'll leave that for others to decide. I've just given it the once over with reFill to fix the bare and duplicate references. Please remember to sign your posts on talk pages by typing four tildes (
~~~~). Thanks, Nzd (talk) 07:20, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
About reverting my edit on Petr Ćech's page
Not much my friend. Don't take it as an offensive message . But i really can't understand why you reverted it . And even someone(maybe you) sent me a message that i didn't cite a reliable source for my added content . Well, i cited Wikipedia itself. So it was really nice to know that Wikipedia isn't a reliable source according to wikipedians these days.Thanks though and have a nice day! Yours friend Chandra Shekher Mishra Chandra Shekher Mishra (talk) 18:14, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Chandra Shekher Mishra: It wasn't me that left the message on your talk page, but I reverted for the same reason. You cannot use Wikipedia itself as a source. Because Wikipedia is user-generated, it is not considered a reliable source for citation purposes. Instead, you should check the Wikipedia article that contains the material and reuse those citations that support the statements you need to reference.For example, if I wanted to reference the statement that Wayne Rooney joined D.C. United in June 2018, I couldn't simply reference Rooney's Wikipedia article, but I could go to that article, verify that the statement is indeed referenced, and reuse the citation used by that article.
- I hope that makes sense. Feel free to come back to me if it doesn't! Nzd (talk) 19:11, 13 September 2018 (UTC)
About reverting my edit in 'Style of play' section in Petr Cech's page
I can't understand why you are saying this brother. The article contains Mr.Arsene Wenger's comment on petr cech, which itself says that cech is one of the greatest of all time. What else is needed when a Legendary person like him claimed the fact. I even have lehmann's same comment. You love west ham means you watch pl and if you watch pl you yourself should know that petr cech has been immensely great throughout his career. Anyway, i won't re-do my edit cuz im a scholar and i hardly get time. Thanks again and have a really nice day. Yours Friend Chandra Shekher Mishra — Preceding unsigned comment added by Chandra Shekher Mishra (talk • contribs) 13:44, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
About reverting my edit from fhe front page
Man, i think i was just too polite with you . But when i found out that u reverted my edit from above too. Im hell out of my mind. Why the hell did you erase that. Do u even have any idea of what petr is. Im redoing my edit above and i know it particularly well that it isnt vandalism. The mentioned fact is purely correct and erasing that will lead me to taking hard actions. So this is a warning not a request. Im going to send an email to wikimedia and you would be responsible for that.— Preceding unsigned comment added by Chandra Shekher Mishra (talk • contribs) 13:55, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
About reverting my edit from fhe front page
One more thing, u removed pre-existing stuff from the page. So you are vandalising things now. That stuff was there from way long than you were born.How dare you? So u better watch out. And i found this thing happen again and reverting my edit than its sure that i would take rough actions against it . And u would be banned from editing wikipedia.— Preceding unsigned comment added by Chandra Shekher Mishra (talk • contribs) 14:00, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- Please read the message on the article talk page, which sets out the reasons for the reversion/removal. I'm certainly not against including some kind of statement about his standing in the game, but it must be sourced appropriately, and those opinions must come from independent sources (i.e. not his own manager). Please engage in that discussion before readding content, per WP:BRD. Please remember to sign your posts on talk pages by typing four tildes (
~~~~). Thanks, Nzd (talk) 14:09, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
Need Help to Learn Regarding Interests
Hi, I am a new user on Wikipedia and I am a student by profession. I like writing blogs and articles. My area of interest is how the world is being changed by the upcoming new companies. For example - earlier there was only public transport available and now there is Uber, Ola, etc. There was only buying items we need, now we can rent it and even perform barter system in some cases, because of the facilities provided by some companies. Similarly there are several companies that change the face of the world. I want to write about it. As per the knowledge that I received from my friends, quora, and other internet platforms, I heard Wikipedia is very strict. Can you please guide me as to how do I create the article without violating any of the laws of Wikipedia?
G. Bilro - Reply
of course it's 11 ESPERANÇAS, FOOTBALLDATABASE.EU is not that reliable especially when you compare it to FORADEJOGO, and in this case it's a Portuguese player's entry on a Portuguese website.
Orlandi is a Spanish born italian player
Hello, on the official Chennaiyin FC website, Andrea Orlandi is Italian, so why is the flag icon Spain? Please change it Thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2406:7400:5A:1BA1:341D:1575:D8EE:48A (talk) 13:49, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
- I reverted because your change was unsourced. However, the article says he was born in Spain, so that should be what the flagicon shows unless he plays for Italy. Nzd (talk) 19:37, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
You threatened me for adding a link to this article which you personally considered spam. What is your reasoning behind that? I thought Wikipedia should be helpful, informative and written for the people. Seems I have come to the wrong place. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mrsingh18 (talk • contribs) 17:09, 22 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Mrsingh18: Please read WP:NOTLINKFARM, WP:LINKSPAM and WP:ELNO. You have now been reverted by two editors so please don't add this again. Thanks, Nzd (talk) 17:36, 22 September 2018 (UTC)
Do you not think it noteworthy that he didn't shake hands with the entire team? How many links do you want me to add to show there was a media reaction? It's not "recentism" it's as much a valid contribution as a lot of stuff on his page, just happens to show he's a bigot - is that why you want it censored?? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:09, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
- I have no opinion on the matter, and neither should you, as a Wikipedia editor. If there are reliable sources that actually show a controversy/media reaction, then you are, of course, free to add them. The source you added before didn't do that. Nzd (talk) 16:33, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
I made a change to Carl Haworth's page, specifically, I changed his position from "Forward" to "Attacking midfielder, forward", which is far more accurate. You reverted the article to its original state because I failed to provide a reliable source. However, and in fairness I am a novice Wikipedia page editor, the specific part of the article was never sourced in the first place. It simply just read, "Forward", with no citation.
His profile on Transfermarkt.com lists him as a right winger (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/carl-haworth/profil/spieler/221044) and he's even been playing right back as of late (https://twitter.com/OttawaFuryFC/status/1039566787036233729).
I think it would probably make more sense to switch his position to "Right winger, right back".I do not know how to provide a hyperlink to those positions. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:50, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, the infobox and lead should only include a player's normal positions. That doesn't appear to include right-back, as the sources indicate this is an unusual position for him, so I've removed it. I've had a go at adding this into the prose though, with sources (under a 'Style of play' section). If you are changing content, please remember to source them appropriately (see WP:REFBEG for info). Transfermarkt is not considered a reliable source as it's content is derived from user-generated content. If you have a look at my changes, you can see how the different positions can be linked. I've left a welcome message on your talk page with some more info about contributing to Wikipedia. Thanks, Nzd (talk) 20:25, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
Ndz just seems content with deleting other people's constructions for the most trivial of reasons instead of contributing himself. Sad. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:00, 25 September 2018 (UTC)
- It's not clear what this relates to as there is no contribution history for this IP address (although given the similarity of IPs, I'm assuming the Roy Carroll section above?) If you want to follow up on something specific, I'd be happy to address it. Nzd (talk) 20:25, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- @BrandonFootyGuy: Hi, welcome to Wikipedia As I noted on your talk page, I see that you have made useful contributions but others were either unsourced or didn't conform to Wikipedia's policies around neutral point of view and/or original research. You also removed some content without explaining why. With some of your edits, I was able to verify the content you added and add the references myself. Others just needed a bit of a cleanup to conform to the manual of style (e.g. date formats). I'd suggest reading through the links in this message, as well as WP:5P and WP:REFBEG. Thanks, Nzd (talk) 19:41, 1 October 2018 (UTC)
i NEVER write the last club in the intro, what's the point? All one has to do is have a look at the infobox (or storyline; regarding that bit, i have added the news of him being released, hopefully you will allow that) to see he does not play for (in this case) Mumbai.
Another question: when will i be allowed to remove the "He last played for Mumbai City" bit? When Mr. Emana finds a new club? When he retires? Never (or perhaps now, as i have added the bit in storyline, and also re-wrote the word "season" INSIDE the link, it does not belong OUTSIDE? Also regarding that, can i write "upcoming" or "next" instead of the years? It's already somewhat implied with the date of his signing)? Awaiting reply.
- Newsflash: think nothing of most of the above message, i browsed the web for some minutes (but lots of results!) and found nothing on his leaving Mumbai City. Perhaps, not only my edits in this page need to be reverted. But whatever, i won't touch anything, we have no source for him leaving club but yet, this edit (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Achille_Eman%C3%A1&diff=862084760&oldid=861025077) is accepted...
- @Quite A Character: Neither of us owns the article so nobody is allowing or disallowing anything here. You made an edit that I disagreed with so I reverted it with an explanation.Per WP:EASTEREGG, you should "keep piped links as transparent as possible", which means that a link title with the actual season in it is preferable to "one season" or some such, in my view. Whether "season" goes inside the title appears to be a personal preference, both ways seem quite common, and I'm not really fussed either way.WRT the lead, ideally there should be at least a brief mention of all of the (notable) clubs the subject has played for. It's supposed to be a summary of the main article prose. I would say where they were most recently would usually be pertinant, in the absence of a more fleshed out lead.See here for contract end date. There is also this but I'm not sure it's a reliable source. He no longer appears on the squad list. As I understand it, the ISL clubs generally only sign players for the season. Nzd (talk) 23:40, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
It's alright, no worries. I now added another ref in his personal life section, what's important is that we keep improving the article. Happy week! --Quite A Character (talk) 10:18, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
Hello - myspace change
I am absolutely the sole person of information for this change. Barring contacting a billionaire, no one is going to corroborate this story. That is the reason I made the change in the first place. Please reinstate my change. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2603:3018:DC4:2000:593:311C:FE86:A465 (talk) 19:18, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
- Please refer to WP:V. If you can't substantiate a claim, then it can't be included on Wikipedia. Nzd (talk) 19:21, 16 October 2018 (UTC)
Vale of Leven F.C.
Whoops, sorry about that, didn't notice that extra Calum Cochrane at that area. So much vandalism on that page it's hardest to notice the small ones. I'll try harder next time. Neo(chat w/ me!) 20:24, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
- @Robby Dream: Hi, something I can help you with? I see from your contributions, many of your edits have been tests. I've left you a welcome message on your talk page. Please read through it as there are some useful guidelines and tutorials which will help you as a Wikipedia editor. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch. Nzd (talk) 12:13, 21 October 2018 (UTC)