|This talk page is automatically archived. Threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved.|
Wiki Loves Pride
|You are invited! Wiki Loves Pride|
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride, a global campaign to create and improve LGBT-related content at Wikipedia during the month of June, culminating with a multinational edit-a-thon on June 21. The project is being spearheaded by two organizers with roots in the Pacific Northwest. Meetups are being organized in some cities, or you can participate remotely. Wikimedia Commons will also be hosting an LGBT-related photo challenge.
In Portland, there are two ways to contribute. One is a photography campaign called "Pride PDX", for pictures related to LGBT culture and history. The Wiki Loves Pride edit-a-thon will be held on Saturday, June 21 from noon–4pm at Smith Memorial Student Union, Room 236 at Portland State University. Prior Wikipedia editing is not required; assistance will be available the day of the event. Attendees should bring their own laptops and cords.
Feel free to showcase your work here!
You are involved in a recently filed request for arbitration. Please review the request at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case#Gender Gap Task Force Issues and, if you wish to do so, enter your statement and any other material you wish to submit to the Arbitration Committee. Additionally, the following resources may be of use—
Wikipedia Women's Health Information Edit-a-thon: Tuesday, May 12 at OHSU
You are invited!
- Tuesday, May 12, 2015: Wikipedia Women's Health Information Edit-a-thon – 1 to 4pm
- Wikipedia Edit-a-thon hosted by OHSU's Center for Women's Health in honor of National Women's Health Week
- Location: Biomedical Information Communications Center (3280 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239)
- This edit-a-thon is intended to address some of these important differences and to generally improve women’s health information in key articles and topics. Areas for improvement have been identified in cooperation with WikiProject Medicine. Prior Wikipedia editing is not required; assistance will be available the day of the event. Attendees should bring their own laptops and power cords.
Hope you can make it! If you have any questions or require any special accommodations, please post to the event page.
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, remove your name from this list.
Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/Edit_warring#User:Scottywong_reported_by_User:Ronz_.28Result:_.29. --Ronz (talk) 15:09, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
RfA stat routines
Your rfastats vote counter apparently looks for literal strings to determine if the RfA was successful or unsuccessful. The strings have apparently changed over time, so the comparison no longer works; recent failed RfAs are showing up "Not closed yet". For example, the search above did not determine the outcome for Anarchyte's RfA until I downcased two characters in this edit. The edit just changed
The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a [[Wikipedia:Requests for adminship|request for adminship]] that '''did not succeed'''.
The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a [[wikipedia:requests for adminship|request for adminship]] that '''did not succeed'''.
I could edit more RfAs, but the simpler approach would be if you could modify your code to use both strings or use a case-insensitive string comparison. Thanks. Glrx (talk) 01:15, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry, I don't maintain the code for these tools anymore. The source code is all public, if anyone is interested in taking it over, although the code is probably rather outdated by now. ‑Scottywong| prattle _ 16:59, 30 August 2016 (UTC)
- Instead of editing closed RfAs with pointless edits, please request that someone else take over the tool over on WP:BOTREQ. Closed RfAs should not be edited. ···日本穣 · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 00:54, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
- They are pointless because this could easily be fixed by you getting someone else to take over the malfunctioning bot. You should not be editing the closed RfAs just to get a bot to do it's job because it was programmed too narrowly. Get the bot fixed. ···日本穣 · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 05:06, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
- Glrx, I can't help feeling that Nihonjoe is correct. More so that Scott has clearly been retired for a long time. It's my contention that really useful, even necessary bots and/or scripts (such as for example Edit Counters, and COPYVIO detectors) should be taken over and maintained by the Foundation anyway, but perhaps not everyone would agree with that. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 05:26, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
Editor interaction analyzer
Hi Scottywong, I haven't been able to get the above to respond lately. I'm getting only: "waiting for tools.wmflabs.org". I don't know whether it's an issue with your tool or with the WMF. Can you advise? SarahSV (talk) 19:34, 3 September 2016 (UTC)
Extended confirmed protection
Extended confirmed protection
NPP & AfC
A dedicated venue for combined discussion about NPP & AfC where a work group is also proposed has been created. See: Wikipedia:The future of NPP and AfC --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 08:59, 24 September 2016 (UTC)