User talk:Slambo/Archives/2012/January

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Need advice re: refs

Am in the process of tracking down more images for Railroad chapel car and while doing that, I came upon a conflicting ref from an old Baptist publication. All the other article refs re: Wheeler's death say the couple was not on the car when it happened, but this old Baptist publication is a sort of obit for him and it says that he fell under the chapel car and was killed. Would appreciate advice on how to treat this; my thought is that the older publication indicating he fell under the car is probably correct. The other refs are from more current histories of the cars. Thanks! We hope (talk) 17:31, 19 January 2012 (UTC)

Railroad Museum of Long Island banner shell

Since you created the banner shell, could you merge the Museum tag and the Long Island tag into that banner shell for the Railroad Museum of Long Island? I tried to merge them myself, but it didn't work. ----DanTD (talk) 17:02, 19 January 2012 (UTC)

(talk page stalker) The problem is not with either {{WikiProjectBannerShell}}, {{WikiProject Museums}} or {{WikiProject Long Island}} but with {{WikiProject Trains}} - if you remove the |imageneeded=yes it works as expected. I encountered a similar problem with {{WikiProject Buses}} a few weeks ago, and fixed it by wrapping a parameter value in a <div>...</div> element. Will have a look at WP Trains. --Redrose64 (talk) 17:17, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
I think the root of the problem is in the Imagedetails parameter. It seems that somewhere in that part of the template, there is an extra }} getting inserted. Putting the other banners above the TWP banner, they all nest into the banner shell. There are a number of other talk pages where imageneeded is used but Imagedetails isn't and it doesn't close the banner shell. I haven't had a chance to look further into the TWP banner code yet. Slambo (Speak) 17:24, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
 Done I have fixed it. --Redrose64 (talk) 17:27, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
Further: I'm pretty sure that the root cause is the line immediately above my </div> which begins with a colon - this kicks off a <dl>...</dl> element, which for some reason terminates the enclosing table too early. Might be worth checking whether <td><dl>...</dl></td> is valid HTML; my fix amends this to <td><div><dl>...</dl></div></td>. --Redrose64 (talk) 17:37, 19 January 2012 (UTC)