|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Joe I 00:32, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
- Actually, at least eight VPs have shot people since Burr. Going back and updating all their articles to cross reference each other's incidents doesn't do anyone any good. Leave Burr alone. He had nothing to do with and no influence on Cheney. Rklawton 15:46, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
Yes, it is relevant, RKlawton.
- Would you be so kind, then, as to explain the relevance in light of the justification provided above? Rklawton 16:11, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
Yes, there were future or former VPs who shot someone, but only two shot someone while serving as Vice-President: Aaron Burr and Dick Cheney.
- And how are these two incidents significant or otherwise more than coincidentally related? In short, except for an article on Trivia, why does this rate mention in an Encyclopedic article about Burr? Rklawton 16:48, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
- I put this on your User page by mistake (sorry) yesterday, but it still applies:
Could you drop back by Talk:Aaron Burr and explain why we should even mention Cheney? Nobody has even tried yet. I'm open to discussion on it, but no one is trying. John (Jwy) 18:19, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
Burr and Cheney
Could you please explain why you keep mentioning Cheney's hunting accident on the Aaron Burr article and how it adds any meaningful content regarding Burr? Perhaps if you can state a reason for doing so that has relevance from an encyclopaedic standpoint (and not triviality) it might help.--Kalsermar 21:06, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
Until the Cheney hunting accident, Aaron Burr was the only sitting VP to shoot someone. Now there are two VPs who shot a person while serving as Vice-President. Cheney himself mentioned that. That is why.
- That doesn't explain what it adds to Burr. Place it on Cheney by all means but it is in no way whatsoever relevant to Burr. There is no researcher who will ever go to look up Burr's bio and expect Cheney's hunting accident to appear there.--Kalsermar 21:48, 16 February 2006 (UTC)
I respectfully disagree. Burr is not the only sitting VP to shoot a person.
We did reach a consensus on this: we decided to leave it out of the Burr articles. You can voice objections at the articles' talk pages, but please don't replace the material until a consensus to do so is reached. --DanielCD 17:15, 17 February 2006 (UTC)