Welcome to my talk page. Please sign and date your entries by inserting ~~~~ at the end.
CLICK HERE to start a new talk topic.
The Signpost: 19 August 2015
- Op-ed: WP:THREATENING2MEN: The English Wikipedia's misogynist infopolitics and the hegemony of the asshole consensus
- Travelogue: Seeing is believing
- Traffic report: Straight Outta Connecticut
- Technology report: Tech news in brief
I came across your profile and notice that you seem a really welcoming and helpful editor, so I thought I should reach out.
Not sure if you have ever come across the University Canada West article. There are only of couple of editors actively contributing to the page and we believe the article as a whole would benefit from different point of views.
I have a professional connection to the subject (and have recently created a COI profile), but my goal is to work with the community to improve the overall quality of the article and ensure it is neutral and factual. While I have in the past contributed to Wikipedia on a voluntary basis, the past few months have been a massive learning curve – not just about the Wikipedia guidelines, but also about diplomacy, argumentation, negotiation, etc.
I have invited a few other editors with similar interests to join the discussion as I’m currently seeking feedback on draft for a potential History section (available here). If you’re interested, your help and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
The Signpost: 26 August 2015
- In focus: An increase in active Wikipedia editors
- News and notes: Re-imagining grants
- In the media: Russia temporarily blocks Wikipedia
- Recent research: OpenSym 2015 report; PageRank and wiki quality; news suggestions; the impact of open access
- Featured content: Out to stud, please call later
- Arbitration report: Reinforcing Arbitration