Valentina Moncada di Paternò (born December 1959 in Rome) is an Italian art historian, gallery owner, and curator who specializes in contemporary art. In 1990 she opened an art gallery in Rome in Via Margutta 54, asserting herself as a talent scout due to a program of young international artists who soon became known worldwide.
Daughter of fashion photographer Johnny Moncada and the model Joan Whelan, Valentina Moncada left Rome at 17 years of age to study art history in New York where she obtained a B.A. at Sarah Lawrence College and an M.A. from New York University, Institute of Fine Arts. She was awarded the Hilla Von Rebay Fellowship at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum where she worked in the curatorial department. She then worked at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the Community Education Department and became a Teacher Assistant to Professor Kenneth Silver at New York University. It was the experience with the Italian gallery owner Annina Nosei  which marked a turning point in her career and she became acquainted with leading personalities of the SoHo art scene of the 1980s, including Leo Castelli, Ileana Sonnabend, Jean-Michel Basquiat.
In 1990 Moncada opened her gallery in Rome. She opened the first Italian or Roman exhibitions of Tony Cragg (1990), Christian Marclay (1992), Yayoi Kusama (1993), James Turrell (2001) and the premiere of Chen Zhen (1991) with a catalogue written by Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev. Moncada worked on a special project with Anish Kapoor in Carrara (1992), and she exhibited group shows that included Damien Hirst (1993), Mona Hatoum (1994), Rachel Whiteread (1994) and Andy Goldsworthy (1999).
Moncada paid special attention to new art media such as photography with exhibitions by Nan Goldin (1996, 2000, 2002, 2006), Gregory Crewdson (1996), Vincent Gallo (1999), Thomas Joshua Cooper (1999), Nobuyoshi Araki (2000, 2002), Thomas Ruff (2002), Matthew Pillsbury (2006), Mario Giacomelli (2006), Carlo Gavazzeni (2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012) and also to historic photographers such as Jeanloup Sieff (2000), Lee Miller (2003), Robert Doisneau (2004), Alexander Rodchenko (2007); then with Video Art with the solo exhibition of Gillian Wearing (1996) and the festivals of Video Art Play '04 (2004), Rec-Mode and Video Exchange (2008). She worked with the multimedia artist Donatella Landi several times between 1993 and 2009 and the Slovakian artist Petra Feriancova"Polis Valentina Moncada, Rím". Flash Art CZ/SK. 1 November 2007.</ref> (2001, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009), she exhibited the work of Donato Amstutz, a young Swiss artist who uses embroidery (2002, 2008, 2012).
In 2009 Moncada worked on the performance «mar'DEI guttAvi» of Luigi Ontani, a hommage to the artists of Via Margutta with papier masks exhibited in the gallery and later at the Macro Museum, Rome.
Twenty years of the gallery activity were celebrated with the exhibition Valentina Moncada_Odissea Contemporanea curated by Gianluca Marziani at Museo of Palazzo Collicola during the Festival dei 2Mondi Spoleto, Italy (2011).
In 2012 Moncada founded the Johnny Moncada Archive with the support of the Nando Peretti Foundation.
Moncada shows an interest in international curatorial projects; in 2009 Theo by Richard Avedon at Musei Capitolini, Académie de France à Rome, Villa Medici  Rome, with a text in catalogue of Director of Villa Medici and Minister of Culture in France Frédéric Mitterrand; In 2012 Carlo Gavazzeni Ricordi Theater of Invention in Rome at The State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, at MUAR - Shchusev State Museum of Architecture and Sotheby’s Moscow; in 2012 Via Margutta Art Festival, Rome; in 2014 she co-curated with Antonio Monfreda the exhibition From Vera to Veruschka. The Unseen Photographs by Johnny Moncada at Somerset House, London, and then at MACRO - Museum of Contemporary Art of Rome within the XIII Edition of FOTOGRAFIA - Festival Internazionale di Roma, curated by Marco Delogu; In 2014 she curated the exhibition Made in Italy. Una Visione Modernista. Johnny Moncada Gastone Novelli Achille Perilli with the collaboration of Ludovico Pratesi, at Museo Nazionale Etrusco di Villa Giulia, Rome. In 2017 she is in the scientific committee of the exhibition Picasso. Between Cubism and Classicism 1915 – 1925 curated by Olivier Berggruen with Anunciata von Liechtenstein at the Scuderie del Quirinale, Rome, writing a text in catalogue .
She is the author of several publications :
- “The Painters Guild in the city of Venice and Padua”, Harvard University Press, 1988 
- "Marcel Duchamp. 11 Rue Larry 1927", L'Attico Editore, 1988, with a joint text by Robert Rosenblum
- “Picasso a Roma (Mon atelier de via Margutta 53/b)”, Electa, Rome, 2007
- “Atelier a via Margutta. Cinque secoli di cultura internazionale a Roma”, Umberto Allemandi & Co., Turin, 2012 
- Made in Italy. Una visione modernista. Johnny Moncada Gastone Novelli Achille Perilli. Fotografia - Moda - Arte - Design. Roma, 1956 - 1965, Silvana Editoriale, 2014
- Joan. Paris Haute Couture – Italia Alta Moda 1952 – 1967, Silvana Editoriale, 2015.
Married to Luiz Fontes Williams, Moncada is the mother of three children, Ginevra, Eduardo and Alexina.
- Valentina Moncada (2001). Visioni/Visions. The first decade. Edizioni Charta, Milan. 
- Valentina Moncada (2007). Picasso in Rome (Mon atelier de via Margutta 53/b). Electa, Rome.
- Valentina Moncada (2009). Theo by Richard Avedon. Alta Roma.
- Valentina Moncada (2009). Luigi Ontani: maschere d'artista e artisti in maschera in ONTANI "mar'DEI guttAvi" curated by R. Reale Meucci. Umberto Allemandi & C., Turin.
- Valentina Moncada (2011). Odissea Contemporanea in Valentina Moncada. Odissea Contemporanea. Cosmogonia vol. II curated by Gianluca Marziani, Palazzo Collicola Arti Visive, Spoleto.
- Valentina Moncada (2012). Carlo Gavazzeni Ricordi:in one day a traveler...' in Carlo Gavazzeni Ricordi –Teather of Invention in Rome, The State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg. Il Cigno GG Edizioni, Rome.
- Valentina Moncada (2012). Atelier a via Margutta. Cinque secoli di cultura internazionale a Roma. Allemandi & C., Turin.
- Valentina Moncada (2014). Made in Italy. Una visione modernista. Fotografia - Moda - Arte - Design. Roma, 1956 - 1965. Silvana Editoriale, Cinisello Balsamo (MI).
- G. Villa (March 1, 1991). "Valentina Moncada, Galleria Moncada, Roma,". Flash Art, n.160.
- V. Moncada (October 1, 1984). "Annina Nosei: New York chiama Roma". Segno, n. 40.
- L. Pratesi (6 October 1990). "Memoranda a Margutta nella nuova galleria". La Repubblica.
- E. Sassi (24 July 2011). "Odissea d'arte, Valentina Moncada, storia di una galleria in mostra nel palazzo Collicola di Spoleto". Corriere della Sera.
- "Valentina Moncada". Art Monthly n. 178. 1994.
- I. Panicelli (2009). "Donatella Landi. Galleria Valentina Moncada". ARTFORUM.
- L. Petrásky. "Liliputtánia – ten tajomny pred met túzby". SME 8.
- C. Cunaccia (1 November 2009). "Via Margutta, Roma. LUIGI ONTANI". L'uomo VOGUE.
- C. Cunaccia. "Odissea Contemporanea". Vogue.it. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Rome veut faire rayonner davantage son "Alta Moda"". Journal du Textile. Retrieved February 24, 2009."Avedon inédito". EL PAIS.com. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- K. Alexandrova. "Eternal Art. Forgotten corners of Rome are now on view at the State Hermitage". The St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- M. Di Forti (April 12, 2012). "Via Margutta. Paradiso d'Arte e Cultura". Il Messaggero.
- J. F. Yvars (Honorary Trustee of Institut Valencia d'Art Modern, IVAM) (June 24, 2007). "Picasso en Roma". LA VANGUARDIA.