Valley View High School (Moreno Valley, California)
Valley View High School is a high school located in the Riverside city of Moreno Valley, California and is part of the Moreno Valley Unified School District. The official school colors are red, white, and black. The school's mascot are the Eagles.
It is the Performing Arts Magnet for the district, a department which includes band, theater, choir, and dance. Other activities include several sports teams such as boys/girls soccer, boys/girls swimming, boys football, girls volleyball, boys/girls basketball, boys golf, boys/girls tennis,cheer, boys/girls wrestling, and clubs including Anime Club, Art Club, Eco Club, Cosplay Club, FINAO, and National Honor Society. One class that makes an attraction to valley view is VVHS's Journalism/Advanced Journalism class. This class was started when the school first opened. The class is run by Jaqueline Caza, who became the yearbook advisor in 2016. The class is also a Yearbook class and gives the students many applicable life skills.
Crimson Regiment Band and Guard
The Crimson Regiment marching band has made notable achievements in the past, such as; placing 3rd in the 1999 WBA Championships in the 5A (the highest class) and taking Sweepstakes in both the parade and field show competition at the 2000 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. The program underwent changes after the 1999-2000 season. The Crimson Regiment also performed at 2004 Nokia Sugar Bowl. The Crimson Regiment won the title of AAA Champions in the WBA circuit in 2004. More recently, this award winning band has been recovering from decline. Membership has slowly increased, and the band now competes at an AA class competitive level. After a four year hiatus, the band has started production of marching field shows under the direction of Loren Gamarra with "Nightwatch." Currently the band is performing their 2015 show entitled "In The Grid." 
Regional Occupancy Program
Valley View High School also has a notable R.O.P (Regional Occupancy Program) Floral class that has been on the campus for many years and has started the Eco Club program which has collected cans and bottles and donated the money from the bottles to children in Africa.
- Ryan Madson, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Davetta Sherwood, actress and musician
- Kyle Turley, former professional football player
- Derrick Ward, former professional football player
- Phoenix Marie, Adult Actress
- Marcus Slaughter, professional basketball player
- Steven Wright, professional baseball player
- Earl Davidson AKA Double Mullet, model
- The Moustache, Entrepreneur of Wilsonnude industries.
- Moar Ice, Bean here all along
- Miller, Doug (2008). "Reliever unchanged by big league success". MLB.com. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
- Campbell, Morgan (May 2003). "One in a million". King Magazine. Retrieved January 4, 2015 – via Morgan Campbell's official website.
- Zink, David (July 10, 2014). "FOOTBALL: Former NFL star returning to his roots". The Pess Enterprise. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
- Bergeron, Tom (September 30, 2007). "A survivor now thrives". The Star Ledger. NJ.com. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
- Official Website
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Valley View High School
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|