Valley Youth Theatre
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Valley Youth Theatre (VYT) is a community theatre located in Phoenix, Arizona. Established in 1989, VYT produces six mainstage shows each season, two of which are produced at the Herberger Theater Center.
- National recognition by Theatre Communications Group.
- Multiple appearances of Golden Globe awarded actress Emma Stone
- Each season, more than 4,600 inner-city students attend a VYT mainstage performance and are given free books through a "Literacy and The Arts" outreach program
- Each year, more than six hundred children, representing numerous social service organizations throughout the Valley, attend a free performance and are given a complimentary lunch through an annual "Sponsor-A-Seat" program.
Valley Youth Theatre performs in its renovated facility in Copper Square in downtown Phoenix, Arizona.
An old storefront was gutted in 1998 and rebuilt to include a 30-foot-wide (9.1 m) proscenium stage with orchestra pit, 202 seat continental-style audience seating, a lobby with box office, and "backstage" areas: a lighting and sound booth, small scene and costume shops, and rehearsal and dressing rooms.
- 1989: Established.
- 1992: First permanent home in the basement of Tower Plaza.
- 1999: New permanent home at Copper Square in downtown Phoenix.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-19. Retrieved 2015-04-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Connie Cone Sexton (May 26, 2011). title=Phoenix Valley Youth Theatre's 'Annie' finds dog stars. The Arizona Republic. Accessed 2011-06-06.